Torsion key tool?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
have fun using the gear puller method or c-clamp method when putting in or taking out green keys...im sure its been done but i knocked myself clean out last year trying...lol...nice shiner afterwards too.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Wow thanks for all the advice and offers guy:thumb: i really appreciate it

Kyle, Im sure ill end up calling you at some point during the install soon as i get stumped over something completely obvious lol.

Tom, i would love to borrow your tool if you dont mind (but not in a gay way:D)
long as you let me give you some cash to at least cover your shipping to me if not a little extra so you can buy yourself something pretty:rofl:

thanks again everyone:hug:

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks for the offer, but no cash needed. Just pay to ship it back to me. Priority Mail doesnt cost much.

I do have to admit that whole exchange did sound kinda "rainbowey".....ewwwww.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Thanks for the offer, but no cash needed. Just pay to ship it back to me. Priority Mail doesnt cost much.

I do have to admit that whole exchange did sound kinda "rainbowey".....ewwwww.

:happy2: ill PM ya my address

i dont know much about rainbows....but i do like skittles:cool2:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its on its way. As for helping...isnt that the gist of this whole forum thing? Helping others with the same interests so everyone wins in the end?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Its on its way. As for helping...isnt that the gist of this whole forum thing? Helping others with the same interests so everyone wins in the end?

it is? i though we were just supposed to bash on people and smack talk:confused:

:angel:

i cant wait to get these keys in! btw if anyone cares ran a 13.54 last night still on stock limpy allison:cool: may quite possibly be the last pass on this trans...unless i decide to go for broke..

Last edited:

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
How much lift are you guys getting with the different keys? I Just put the cognito UCA on and my stock keys are maxed out and I'm still not level. I'm being told I should try some leveling keys. I'm ok with that I just want to make sure its going to work before I spend the green....I could use shock extenders too. Those poor things are gonna pop! Thanks for the help.....hope I'm not :hijacked:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You can get 2" of lift out of the stock keys. "Green" keys start at 2" and go up to 4".

For the shocks...use washers to shim the top mount down about 3/4", or you can make some spacers for the bottom mount. IIRC, Cognito sold a taller lower mount that works nicely, too.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
actually more then then leveled my truck ith the stock keys. I used to run the stockers cranked all the way up then a 4 inch rear block. That's how it was in my avatar pic.

Tom, got the tool yesterday. Now just waiting for the stupid keys to get here. They've been on thier way since last last tuesday. Hopefully get here today