Timing calculator v3

paytonlb7

Owner at Torq Industries
Jul 16, 2010
Idaho
www.torq-industries.com
Josh thanks for the calc! It works awesome. But how do you compensate for IAT or barometric pressure? I'm worried once summer rolls around and I start taking in 150+degrees IAT I'm going to heat soak everything and end up bending some rods or worse. Are you adding less pulse btdc in the summer? Sorry for the questions. I'm new to EFI. thanks
Payton

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I am using this for the first time - thanks! I'm not sure where to paste the new timing table though :confused: I have Timing Base A and Timing Base B... do I paste to both?

Thanks in advance!
Wally

Timmay208

FNG
Jul 22, 2011
UT
i was told 60/40 was a good one for mileage

my truck is mostly stock 06 with 6698 flash stock turbo, im really needing help in the mileage dept

I understand the concept of copy/paste but im just trying to make sure im on the same page so i dont mess anything up

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
How do you know when your exceeding the duty cycle of your injectors? Is there a max flow you want them to run at, say like 90% so they operate correctly?

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I cant say I understand totally but so far nice thread, I want to start fine tuning, my tunes,
just looking for all the info I can thanks.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
fine tuning

i think the point of the table is to get a rough estimate. the fine tuning would have to be done driving, and listening for fuel knock, poor turbo spool egt etc. sounds like the 60/40 would be ideal for the 20 mm3 to 50mm3 area and then the higher fuelings areas may be better at 50/50 amd maybe 40/60 if you want to run some serious pulsewidth and roal coal all hot and smoky like.
also used the throttle based fuel on lb7/lly, or the torque based fuel on lbz/lmm to reduce torque until you get up to 2500 rpm if you have stock rods and head bolts, it will save you an engine failure

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i think the point of the table is to get a rough estimate. the fine tuning would have to be done driving, and listening for fuel knock, poor turbo spool egt etc. sounds like the 60/40 would be ideal for the 20 mm3 to 50mm3 area and then the higher fuelings areas may be better at 50/50 amd maybe 40/60 if you want to run some serious pulsewidth and roal coal all hot and smoky like.
also used the throttle based fuel on lb7/lly, or the torque based fuel on lbz/lmm to reduce torque until you get up to 2500 rpm if you have stock rods and head bolts, it will save you an engine failure

Base tq and tliq are better than throttle base on a lly/lb7

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Opening this documents says theres like 816 errors. When I was looking at the timing it made, it was the same a what typed in for minimun timing.