Timing calculator v3

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Thanks bud. And thanks Josh this calculator seems awesome...looks like it's going to help my tuning right along...is it fair to use the calculations off this calculator directly and figure it out from there? At 4800 it was saying to use something like 49* and I wasn't sure if that was safe and don't want to hurt my motor by being a dumbass

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Thanks bud. And thanks Josh this calculator seems awesome...looks like it's going to help my tuning right along...is it fair to use the calculations off this calculator directly and figure it out from there? At 4800 it was saying to use something like 49* and I wasn't sure if that was safe and don't want to hurt my motor by being a dumbass

With how much fuel. that is alot of timeing:eek:
I would say it is not safe. I run a max of 40*

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
That was using the calc with 3200Us...I figured it wasn't safe that's why I was asking LOL...what's a decent min. timing? Also meant to ask what a decent % was for a fun street tune?

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just an FYI, at 4800 RPM, 3200 uS pulse width will last for just over 90 degrees of crank rotation.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
So then with a 50% BTDC timing calc. the timing would be around 40*? I'm trying to figure all this out and want to try to write my own fun street tune from scratch...maybe too tall of an order right now but I'll def post it up for you guys to look at before I load it...also what cell should I start altering timing so idle is normal....same for PW? Sorry for all the quiestions..

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So then with a 50% BTDC timing calc. the timing would be around 40*? I'm trying to figure all this out and want to try to write my own fun street tune from scratch...maybe too tall of an order right now but I'll def post it up for you guys to look at before I load it

At high RPM operating the PW needs to be cut back drastically...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So then with a 50% BTDC timing calc. the timing would be around 40*? I'm trying to figure all this out and want to try to write my own fun street tune from scratch...maybe too tall of an order right now but I'll def post it up for you guys to look at before I load it...also what cell should I start altering timing so idle is normal....same for PW? Sorry for all the quiestions..
At 50%, you would actually be looking at 46 degrees of timing, but like Paint said, you should cut it back a little. I usually use 40% at 4800 RPM. That would put you at about 37 degrees.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
I doubt I"ll ever really see that high of RPMs as I DD the truck and race it ocassionally...but I'm literally starting from the basics as I am trying to write my own tune so if all this seems ass backwards that's why lol

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
So I'm going to cobble together something and post it for your amusement to help me learn this stuff lol...thanks for everything already guys.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
my computer always tells me the file is corrupt when i try to download this anyone know what i may have to do to open it ??

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I just downloaded and the file opened fine for me. You may want to make sure you have the proper program to open it. I use winrar. Winzip is another. What is the file extension after saving it to your computer?