Thinking about moving

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Main problem with all the states east of the rockies is the damn ticks and chiggers, also the humidy and the violent weather. No thanks, I'll stay in the Northwest east of the cascades and west of the Rockies, mostly dry & sunny, much calmer weather, and hardly any ticks an no chiggers.

Amen. I had Lyme's disease in high school and it was just oh so much fun. (Sarcasm). I love not having ticks to worry about.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I personally love the Gulf Coast. Been all over the country multiple times... People here are SUPER nice (except for the occasional Yankee transplant).

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I personally love the Gulf Coast. Been all over the country multiple times... People here are SUPER nice (except for the occasional Yankee transplant).
You can have that muggy weather. I like a horizen with a few more hills in it too, not that the gulf isn't Ok but when the highest thing is a levee and you are looking up at ships going by on the intracoastal waterway, not my thing.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Main problem with all the states east of the rockies is the damn ticks and chiggers, also the humidy and the violent weather. No thanks, I'll stay in the Northwest east of the cascades and west of the Rockies, mostly dry & sunny, much calmer weather, and hardly any ticks an no chiggers.

It's still the "Left Coast" too many tree hugging liberals and nanny state democrats for me.

Its not as free left of the Rockies, too much Cali influence and too much land owned by the Feds.

If all the dam hippies would leave it might turn around politically, but sadly it will probably always be a "Blue State"

:(

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's still the "Left Coast" too many tree hugging liberals and nanny state democrats for me.

Its not as free left of the Rockies, too much Cali influence and too much land owned by the Feds.

If all the dam hippies would leave it might turn around politically, but sadly it will probably always be a "Blue State"

:(

You can talk now that you're not in CT!

Thanks! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I live in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada, been here for as long as I can remember. I recently had my first son. Now I often find myself wondering if I want to raise him here. I live on the outskirts where it's nice and calm, cost of living is average here, my biggest concern is the school system. Clark County School District is and has been one of the worst districts in the whole nation. Trust me, I went through it. I'm currently working in the ND oilfields as equipment operator. My entire family is in Vegas, I need a calm place. All I want to do is use this money I'm racking up here in ND to find a new place to call home and raise my son. Rapid city SD is on my top 3 choices, that city is beautiful from what I've seen and heard.

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

Couldn't agree more, no natural disasters like floods, hurricanes or tornadoes to rip your entire life apart year after year. Just lots of warm dry sunny days, less then a weeks worth of rain annually and a very dry snow season in the winter. Best part is when the snow does fall it is gone the same day a lot of times.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
You can talk now that you're not in CT!

Thanks! :)

Why do you think I fled to a RED State in the South ???

I had enough and the final straw was Malloy and his gun laws that made us all potential felons or criminals.

I do not regret leaving for even 1 second..........CT sucked while I lived there but I had to see my kids finish High School, my last one graduated June 2014 and I moved in November 2014.

:woott:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I think about leaving every day but I just have too many ties here.

I still can't fathom how he was reelected. Boggles my mind

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Why do you think I fled to a RED State in the South ???

I had enough and the final straw was Malloy and his gun laws that made us all potential felons or criminals.

I do not regret leaving for even 1 second..........CT sucked while I lived there but I had to see my kids finish High School, my last one graduated June 2014 and I moved in November 2014.

:woott:

You ever come up to Wilmington?

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I think about leaving every day but I just have too many ties here.

I still can't fathom how he was reelected. Boggles my mind

Seriously!! That last election sealed the deal more me, now I just have to figure everything out. Luckily I don't have too many things here holding me back.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Seriously!! That last election sealed the deal more me, now I just have to figure everything out. Luckily I don't have too many things here holding me back.

It's the holidays let's not strum that guitar :)

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
You can have that muggy weather. I like a horizen with a few more hills in it too, not that the gulf isn't Ok but when the highest thing is a levee and you are looking up at ships going by on the intracoastal waterway, not my thing.

LOL whatever man! Our place is right on the beach. 80 degree water a large part of the year. Only a few days around freezing. It'll take more than a storm to take our place out. It's IFC construction. Like I said, I travel the country for work, nothing compares. You have too many hills, way to damn cold, snow hate that shit, oh and liberals. You can have that.

Not to even mention fishing, these are some of the best fishing grounds in the world.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
You ever come up to Wilmington?

My oldest son is 24 and lives in Charlotte and my folks live in Statesville and my youngest, my daughter is 19 and is in college at Wingate in NC.

So I can be in NC in about 3-4 hours usually.

I plan on going to a lot of events this Summer and hitting a lot of sled pulls.

I am really happy to be in the "SOUTH"

:thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My oldest son is 24 and lives in Charlotte and my folks live in Statesville and my youngest, my daughter is 19 and is in college at Wingate in NC.

So I can be in NC in about 3-4 hours usually.

I plan on going to a lot of events this Summer and hitting a lot of sled pulls.

I am really happy to be in the "SOUTH"

:thumb:

Want to come live tune my 15?

Please...:happy2:

brokesmoke

Pick a lane...
Dec 13, 2012
Charleston, SC
This thread is a little dated but I'm going to give you another solid bump for SC in the Charleston area. IMO you can't go wrong going coastal NC or coastal SC. I would highly suggest you at least visit Charleston before settling on NC that way you know the difference. I'm sure Tony would agree that SC is an amazing place to live. The atmosphere and people here are amazing. This state bleeds red and i love it. There are hand fulls of GM dealerships in Charleston and a few diesel performance shops. The biggest thing that sold me here was the cost of living/ housing. Not to brag but i'll give you an idea. In 2011 i bought a 3 Br 2 bath house with a garage that was built in 2006 on a good sized lot for $115K. Taxes are DIRT cheap. Charleston is big on good food and fine beer and plenty of outdoor activity.

Give it some consideration before making a final decision. :thumb:

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I agree 100% about the cost of living, I couldn't get over the housing costs and taxes compared to CT. You couldn't buy a shed here for less than $100k lmao. I am going to be planning a trip to Wilmington NC pretty soon to take a look.