Theoretical sled pulling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
dont blame craig for not jumping in this...

funny straight form richard post
I'm always bored and stirring up crap...the fact that it involves Pat just makes it even more fun.

seams that richard might have learned a thing form gene mahoney...

throwing a grenade looking item in a room.. loundly yell "grenade" the slam the door.. and watch what happens/......

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Its pretty simple and has worked well in dirt track racing...

Tech beforehand for saftey.

Tech after run for rules/safety.

Just let him pull, if he wants to run the bottle so be it, after he pulls, he can immediately go to tech and be DQ'ed, simple as that.

People cn get teched and then have plenty of time to re-install there cheats, its hard to un-install cheats as your pulling off the track straight into tech...

am I right?

Not saying anything really happened here or someone called or not, its pretty much all hear say. stuff like this will always come up, always finger pointing. Who cares, its not a big deal. Wait for the pull and call them out/protest cheating after you see it or felt you were cheated. You have to be an idiot to blame something for something you "think" they might do.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
This is a common tactic by at least Richard.

Here's a small example. I drove my truck to the track at Famoso, Texas, Colorado, etc. Just to verify that it's a street truck to attendees. Yes, it is trailered long distances, but we unload it at the hotel and drive it to the track. Richard and BigRpowa saw this on various occasions as did many others in attendance. I know because I drove it.

So Richard (MikeD too?) post on the internet I didn't. It was trailered up to the pits and then unloaded. And post again. And post again. And post again. Now it's a fact I never drove my truck to the track. I'd guess more than 50% of the Ford/Dodge guys believe it. And we won't get into what happened in Texas, Famoso, or Colorado at the races themselves, more fiction than fact is now "true".

It's not just aimed at me. They have their own "fan club" of those who don't think highly of their infomercials either.

This is no different. Snopes could do a whole new website just covering their posts.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
All because he refuses to spend 10 minutes to disarm his nitrous, and believes if whines loud enough, he won't have to. .

How do you glean THAT....from THIS:
champ said:
if you guys like i would be more than glad to let pat hold the controller in his hand when i pull, and pat could feel free to personally inspect my truck

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I drove my truck to the track at Famoso, Texas, Colorado, etc.

I don't recall what you did in Texas...other than whine.
I wasn't in Colorado
I saw your "street truck" inside a white enclosed trailer at Famoso. Don't know how I could have misconstrued that as being driven to the track. LOL
So tell me again how I started all these terrible "rumors" ?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
How do you glean THAT....from THIS:

Are you telling a nitrous system cannot be made to function without a digital control box? How much are they? Got a link? What's the delivery schedule?

Funny, SuperDiesel and I fabbed up a system out of a box of spare pieces in an hour that had no digital controller.

Like I said, I called Craig and told him you guys have my blessing to fuming nitric acid if that trips your trigger. You don't have to pull anything, even the bottle as far as I'm concerned.

Now stop crying about it.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I wasn't in Colorado
I saw your "street truck" inside a white enclosed trailer at Famoso. Don't know how I could have misconstrued that as being driven to the track. LOL

How could you see it inside the trailer, when it was not? Dan drove Blue, Kat drove Wendy, I drove Casper to the track. I know because I was driving.

Lots of folk saw it. So did you.

Now we are up to 51% eh? :D

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I surrender...there is no reasoning with the unreasonable. LOL

Mike could hand you the entire nitrous system from his truck...and when he beats your truck you'll STILL find a way to say you were cheated or otherwise maligned.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
How could you see it inside the trailer, when it was not? Dan drove Blue, Kat drove Wendy, I drove Casper to the track.

I guess I halucinated the big ass white trailer I was parked next to all day. LOL
It's possible...I had come down with the flu the day before and I was heavily medicated....I pretty much slept in the truck all day.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Pretty simple to pull the lines under the hood.

I would think that if you showed up to the pull, a general consensus of people can be made happy with watching it be disabled in front of them.

But, rules are rules though too.

where you pullin? :D

Its pretty simple and has worked well in dirt track racing...

Tech beforehand for saftey.

Tech after run for rules/safety.

Just let him pull, if he wants to run the bottle so be it, after he pulls, he can immediately go to tech and be DQ'ed, simple as that.

People cn get teched and then have plenty of time to re-install there cheats, its hard to un-install cheats as your pulling off the track straight into tech...

am I right?

Not saying anything really happened here or someone called or not, its pretty much all hear say. stuff like this will always come up, always finger pointing. Who cares, its not a big deal. Wait for the pull and call them out/protest cheating after you see it or felt you were cheated. You have to be an idiot to blame something for something you "think" they might do.

Which way is it supposed to be Mike?...Unbroken started the thread stating that someone is showing up with a nitrous oxide system...Several of us, including you and I, suggested to pull lines/solenoids BEFORE the event because it's not legal in the particular class...Pretty straightforward, right?...I'd say it's a lot easier to have it pass tech without certain parts of the system installed, then protest the truck because it's pulls the sled out of the arena...Now your saying "someone" is an idiot for suggesting "someone" else might not play fair...Maybe you haven't been around long enough...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I guess I halucinated the big ass white trailer I was parked next to all day. LOL
It's possible...I had come down with the flu the day before and I was heavily medicated....I pretty much slept in the truck all day.

You saw Casper towed to the track. You posted it. Multiple times.

Now it's you saw that we brought our trailer to the event, and Casper was loaded in the trailer for the sled-pulls?

Which one? :confused:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Which one? :confused:

Let me dig waaaaaaay back in my Pat McSwain memory log and see what I can find ...........

All I seem to find in there is a whole lotta "I don't give a damn"

Sorry Pat.....I'll make notes or something next time so when you ask me a question about something 2 freakin YEARS after it happens I'll have reference material to look back on.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
towed/trailered same thing in my book

which famoso feb 08 ? first NADM event? i was there.. didnt see casper in/on a trailer

when pat ran his first 10 sec pass?

just because theres an empty trailer doesnt mean the truck was loaded on there... for the trip..

any one got pictures of casper at the track in/on a trailer??? at the said event?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
The trailer was brought to the track. Casper was not inside :D

Did Casper not ride to the hotel from your house in said trailer...then get unloaded and driven the last few miles to the track from the hotel to give the appearance of a "street truck"

I wish Pat would have posted this....I don't want anyone to think I'm picking on Kat when I'm just asking a question.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
which famoso feb 08 ? first NADM event? i was there.. didnt see casper in/on a trailer

when pat ran his first 10 sec pass?

just because theres an empty trailer doesnt mean the truck was loaded on there... for the trip..

any one got pictures of casper at the track in/on a trailer??? at the said event?

Casper was IN that trailer at one point in the day I don't remember when...but it was without a doubt inside it at some point. Like I said...I was sicker than sick....but I was also parked right beside the trailer and I know what I saw.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I wasn't in Colorado

Not that it matters to me, but I can clear this part up a little.

Pat drove that day. I was there. yes it was "next" to his enclosed trailer, but I remember watching him switch tries too. The only thing that was hauled in that trailer that drove was a cruzin' cooler and a golf cart...

I remember those days, Everyone was cool and events were good times....

Attachments

• P1000190.jpg
    P1000190.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.