Theoretical sled pulling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
BTW - This thread was not started because MikeD's nitrous system.

It was started to claim I called the organizers and said MikeD intended on cheating. Problem? It's a lie.

Here is an open letter to Unbroken and Chimp:

Greetings Richard and Mike,

I've noticed neither of you has cleared the air. Nobody "called the organizers" and now you are certain of that. Nor did we know for a fact it was MikeD's truck, until MikeD's rant directed at Kat.

You state you are "men", "moderators", and "professionals", but when you are wrong, instead of correcting it, you let it stand.

Now you two are threatening people on websites if they don't agree with your "fib"? Jesus.

As far as posting you'll be fcking up trucks in the pits? Boy, will that post backfire if anyone does have problems at a public event you attend, even if it's not you, it's likely many will think it's you. Or a fight breaks out? Ditto. It will look terrible for your sponsors, hence future sponsorship, bad for your website, bad for NADM, bad for diesel competition in general.

It's a good time to act like professionals.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I don't know anyone that is being talked about from adam and will stay out of all that side of it but I do think all the "my truck has a stock transmission" crap is funny. Congrats your truck with some one else tuning (I'm guessing Spartan) is making decent power and the trans is holding it for now. How is that something for you to brag about? You didn't have anything to do with the building or designing of the trans, or it's tuning. You guys can out-horsepower us on a dyno all day for all I care - but I haven't had stock motor/stock turbo customer with my max effort tunes call me and say he has gotten beat by a 6.4 at the track or pulls yet - peak hp doesn't mean much. Are the 6.4s finally getting respectable power on tuning (something Ford fans have never been able to do) - YES, congrats I'm happy for you guys - for you high 12s on tuning is new and cool. Is it going to hang with a well tuned duramax at any moving event - probably not. Are there any 6.4s running low 11s yet? 10s? 9s? - Nope.

Last edited:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
i just didn't want to pul every piece off is all.. but if i have to, ill do it in the pits..and holding the check and trophy in front of you know who will even be sweeter.

So if you know you can win with a stock truck and it will even be sweeter to rub the money and trophy in "you know who's" face at a sled pull that you dont even care about why not just pull the shit off and prove it? Thats all anyone wants.

Oh but its much easier to talk a bunch of personally motivated sht and rave about your truck here in the safety of barely the truth land.

Your a real special piece of work my friend...Fing whiners.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You funny funny guy Pattycakes.

There is a thread on www.competitiondiesel.com with the exact same title, probably on several other boards as well. Richard is moderator "Unbroken" there, and MikeD is moderator "BigRpowa". Basically, they are spamming the web, trying to start board fights, and drum up support for MikeD getting a special rule exemption, "cause it's too hard to remove nitrous".

I'm thinking "what the heck", let's give him a special exemption. He can run the bottle and use it. This won't apply to any other trucks, just his. He needs to have the system on to appease his sponsors, so let's help him out, since he's such a nice guy. Any money he wins goes to charity, since he claims it's not for money or glory, he justs wants to "help" the event and his sponsors.

He is a Professional Drag Racer (running 12's moves you to Pro category), so this will be his handicap against all the Professional Sled Pullers who dominate our "once a year for fun" sled pulling event.

Maybe that will stop Richard and MikeD from whinning about doing 10 minutes of work. Probably not, but who cares? :rolleyes:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You funny funny guy Pattycakes.

Did you ever bother to call the organizer yourself or did you just decide to post this lie on say so?
I called the organizer and asked what the low down was. Answer: this crap never happened. Call him yourself and get back to us.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

That has posted many times, both in public and through PM's. But one more time won't hurt.

That is the "Phone Call To Organizers Claiming MikeD Is a Cheater".

Just now, I really DID call the organizer to discuss this matter. I told him MikeD can run nitrous, nitromethane, TNT, JATO bottles, The Force, a plutonium reactor, a four leaf clover, and have the sled weight stay back as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure they are going to permit that, but I don't give a rat's butt about his truck. If I knew this much crap would caused over 10 minutes of work prepping for a race, I would have sent a mechanic over on my dime. Richard and MikeD call everyone cry-babies on a daily basis on their board, but when it comes down it, they are the Leaders.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I don't see the problem with giving a heads up to organizers to check trucks that are known to run nitrous at times. Nothing wrong with keeping "honest" people honest. I didn't see any claim that someone planned to cheat, just a comment that it should be checked.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I don't see the problem with giving a heads up to organizers to check trucks that are known to run nitrous at times. Nothing wrong with keeping "honest" people honest. I didn't see any claim that someone planned to cheat, just a comment that it should be checked.

There was no "head's up" to the organizers other than that post. Unbroken knew that before he started this thread and other threads. Unbroken is just a mouthpiece in charge of informercials, he doesn't pull.

It's a complete fabrication to Prove McRat Is Out To Get A CompD Moderator.

It makes the Dodge guys happy, so it allows Richard and MikeD (Ford Guys) to remain in their good graces.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
There was no "head's up" to the organizers other than that post. Unbroken knew that before he started this thread and other threads. Unbroken is just a mouthpiece in charge of informercials, he doesn't pull.

It's a complete fabrication to Prove McRat Is Out To Get A CompD Moderator.

It makes the Dodge guys happy, so it allows Richard and MikeD (Ford Guys) to remain in their good graces.

Your so far off on that one Pat....He "Pulls" everone who actually listens to and believes his rants! I think the line to be "pulled" starts at any blue oval.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
My neighbor owns a Ford.

He called me the other day, and asked if I could help out with a jigsaw puzzle.

I stopped by, and there was a table in the garage with the puzzle on it.

"The box shows it's supposed to look like a rooster, but I'm having no luck with it. I think it's missing pieces. I've been working on it for 3 days."

I looked at the box.

"There is no way that's going to look like rooster. Here's some advice, put the Corn Flakes back it the box before they attract mice."

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
My neighbor owns a Ford.

"The box shows it's supposed to look like a rooster, but I'm having no luck with it. I think it's missing pieces. I've been working on it for 3 days."

I looked at the box.

"There is no way that's going to look like rooster. Here's some advice, put the Corn Flakes back it the box before they attract mice."

did you lol?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
My neighbor owns a Ford.

I looked at the box.

Thats funny I dont care who you are :rofl:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
between the two forums theres alot of he said-he said Bull...

pat said he didnt call
rich say pat did call..
mike say he got a call about pat calling.
funny that craig johnson hasnt even posted in either of the threads.... makes you wonder if he even got called by pat..

you two sound like a bunch of kindergardeners scwabbling over the window seat on the bus....

hell rich why you in this anyways......... your 1000+ miles away from it...... and NOT COMPETING... or are you just board and stirring up crap???????
iirc theres no show 'n shine at the fair... or drag strip for that matter......

whats the most important rule?

rules are rule thats final
and NO *****ING....

Pat asked if said truck is going to follow the rules or not.... rule blatently state not Nitrous related componets on vehicle been that way for a couple years in one org or another. dont see how its sololy directed at mike D.

that leave mike with 3 options
1 exhibition pull
2 dont pull
3 remove said items from truck to conform to said rules.

i dont see the option for a owner/driver to go *****ing to a lead mod who has no dog in the fight to start a thread *****ing/whining about it.....

so the bottom line is.
1 mike goign to pull the N2O off the truck and follow the rules
or
2 leave it on there and cry about it and pull exhb in which he could out pull pat and still loose.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Craig Johnson is the event organizer. He does not want to get involved website politics it seems, and I don't blame him. MikeD called him, the NADM called him, Mike L called, then today I called him. Richard was informed through several channels, but whether he called Craig, I dunno.

The story is the same. Pat did not call Craig Johnson to rat him out, nor accuse BigRpowa of cheating.

It was a made up story. Within 6 months, I'll bet it becomes fact, at least to the Dodge guys.

All because he refuses to spend 10 minutes to disarm his nitrous, and believes if whines loud enough, he won't have to. Like I said early, he can run it for all I care, but others might not appreciate it. The rest of the workstock will have to disable solenoids and pull the line going to engine, as well as no bottle. That's what Craig's and NADM position is if I understand correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.