The Limos cleaning up some finally

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Will be a progressive thread on me taking care of some things that need attention on the Limo.

There is a photo/video shoot coming up at the end of September im taking my truck to so its kicked me into gear on bringing her back to snuff.

This weekend, the plan is to tear all the front end components out, axle wrap bars, twin piping, intercooler piping, front bumper, some parts off the core support, third brake light cover, and some other little odds and ends to take down for powdercoat. they will all be redone gloss black.

Next ill be taking care of the driverseat. my leather is in really decent shape for 200k miles and bottom cusion only has a tear from me sticking a screw driver through it cause i forgot it was in my back pocket. it does show wear though so i have a new bottom leather cover, arm rest cover, and am waiting to hear back from the shop i bought the stuff from if they have the back rest cover. That will pretty much put my interior back to 100%. for a truck from 01.5, i can not believe how well the interior has held up. nothing inside is broke, cracked, or burnt out.

then i have some more exterior things to take care of. She really needs a paint job but that wont be happening for a year or so. its not horrible but rock chips are taking hold on the front of the hood and the rocker panels. No rust anywhere (az is awesome lol) and no peeling paint. the clear coat is starting to do these little hair line splits though which is weird. but i have a dent in the back right corner from some asshole in college that hit it with his mirror. going to see if paintless dent repair can get it out. The left front fender needs some fiberglass repair as its cracking a bit. and finally, the cheapy amazon headlights/marker lights need to be replaced as they are already turning yellow after a year. good thing i saved the stock ones.

lots of work but since im not buying a new truck any time soon and she wont be leaving the family unless i absolutely have to sell her, may as well bring her back to shiny new :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James, are you getting into a magazine?

Hell I wish.... The tear down got postponed for the time being. Been using the limo for some trips up north to figure out roads for my hunt in November.

You don't realize how much you need/use a truck till you pull it off work duty lol.

As for the blonde.... Eh, I got my 5'6" brunette who's given me enough poses on that truck ;)

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well two weeks ago, I was up north running roads and after I got back, I noticed a new scratch on the door. It was the straw that broke the camels back. By no means is the paint perfect on my truck. It has rock chips bad on the rockers, some deep scratches around it and two dents but adding MORE scratches is something I try very hard not to do.

So today I, went out and bought a slew of detailing products and went to work.

Wound up washing her down first, then took a clay bar to the whole truck to pull out any crap in the paint. Then started hand buffing scratches. They are still in the paint but you really have to look for them to find them. From there I hand polished the truck with a polishing compound, wipe down with a micro fiber and then put a "black wax" down on the whole truck. That really brought the shine out.

With the body done, I moved onto polishing the wheels and cleaning the bead rings up. Then used mothers "back to black" on the mirrors, rear bumper, and grill. Then out in new headlights and marker lights as mine were turning yellow.

Happy with the outside, I moved onto detailing the motor. Didn't spend too much time under the hood but did the back to black on the plastics under the hood, detail spray on the turbo tubing, and wiped down the underside of the hood as well as most of the motor.

That ended my day today and it really made a difference on the truck. Still cleans up well for 200k and being 14 years old :D

563fa046ec89259694d45acbf4f3b9cf.jpg

b4363d50bf8f2ffd356510ba87f63967.jpg

6b70777655029cacc5973bc8c5d2a6af.jpg

76366c060c5c793dc0e891295f2a7e3b.jpg

Tomorrow I put on the non dented rear bumper I have, clean up the interior (doesn't need much as I did a full interior tear out and deep clean about a year ago and I've been on top of keeping that clean), put the driver side inner fender in and for a little cruise :D.

I'm thinking tear down for powdercoating will happen after Christmas but we will see

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
that is a mighty fine truck you have there sir:thumb:
Always enjoy getting to see it, looks great James