The Limos cleaning up some finally

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Oh it's not fun but this 15 year old paint still looks great compared to most trucks its age.

Seat leather changed. Bottom Foam didn't show up but I'll put it in when I get it Monday. Did a whole bunch of other crap too cleaning things up and putting new stuff on or in. Tomorrow is detailing the paint, polish wheels, new skid plate, detailing the engine bay and under side, and she's ready!

Before and after of the seat
f3a7784a61913adb20e9903bd6bde3d1.jpg

e65a41b0823abb593fe3180702dd3cee.jpg

James where the hell do I find the lower seat leather replacement cover

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Sweet! Thank you my friend. I'm sure I glanced over it somewhere but all I was finding was full interior kits. You are most helpful

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
lol anytime!

on a side note, im headed out next week to start getting paint quotes for a full respray. im looking forward to it but at the same time, im not lol. I want her looking better than new on the outside (rock chips and cracking clear are the main thing on this truck, the chips and tiny cracks are EVERYWHERE) but i know it will come with a cost as well as me becoming even MORE obsessive of keeping it from being scratched. My wife is going to hate my guts making damn sure her purse dont go hitting my truck when she gets in and out of hers in the garage :rofl:. maybe ill just have the whole truck clear wrapped when done :D

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Crap one more question James...did you find foam for your armrest?

Edit: Nvm I watched the video on the website and got my answer.

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
lol anytime!

on a side note, im headed out next week to start getting paint quotes for a full respray. im looking forward to it but at the same time, im not lol. I want her looking better than new on the outside (rock chips and cracking clear are the main thing on this truck, the chips and tiny cracks are EVERYWHERE) but i know it will come with a cost as well as me becoming even MORE obsessive of keeping it from being scratched. My wife is going to hate my guts making damn sure her purse dont go hitting my truck when she gets in and out of hers in the garage :rofl:. maybe ill just have the whole truck clear wrapped when done :D
I'm not looking forward to having my repainted and I can only imagine what that limo is gonna take.

Also sent you a PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I dont know that size matter much its only 1.5' more of bed side. Im sure you know guys that paint, but check around for a good shop. Im yet to be happy with any full paint job I have gotten, but Im a perfectionist. So I think Im going to try and paint my work truck myself...

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I dont know that size matter much its only 1.5' more of bed side. Im sure you know guys that paint, but check around for a good shop. Im yet to be happy with any full paint job I have gotten, but Im a perfectionist. So I think Im going to try and paint my work truck myself...

I am the same when it comes to paint. I will spend what is needed for a high quality paint job. I have a good friend who is a spectacular painter but he doesn't have a booth big enough for the truck. Going to see if he and I can figure something out. He painted my fenders and all my color matching. Might bring him the truck in pieces and figure out the cab and/or doors

Btw dozer, no PM in my box ???

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
He's going to want to shoot it all at once. Find the local shop that paints busses and or RV's, they usually have large down draft booths. Ask about single stage epoxy paints, I use them on boats, practical indestructible. Should help keep your offroad rigg shiny and chip free.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Absolutely will not use a single stage paint. They may have changed in the last 5-6 years when I looked at them for another project but I will still never touch them for this truck, specially black. (There is no talking me into it, just FYI lol)

I'm already planning on clear 3m wrap on the rockers and hood sections as well as bed/cab gap area and wheel well edging. If it gets chipped from there or scratched, well that's just part of using the truck as a truck lol.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Absolutely will not use a single stage paint. They may have changed in the last 5-6 years when I looked at them for another project but I will still never touch them for this truck, specially black. (There is no talking me into it, just FYI lol)

I'm already planning on clear 3m wrap on the rockers and hood sections as well as bed/cab gap area and wheel well edging. If it gets chipped from there or scratched, well that's just part of using the truck as a truck lol.

They have changed drastically, I had a 31 contender sprayed black last year and it still looks amazing. Just need someone who knows how to mix, spray and buff/cut it properly.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
They have changed drastically, I had a 31 contender sprayed black last year and it still looks amazing. Just need someone who knows how to mix, spray and buff/cut it properly.

still wont get me to touch it with a 10 foot poll :D :hug:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I am the same when it comes to paint. I will spend what is needed for a high quality paint job. I have a good friend who is a spectacular painter but he doesn't have a booth big enough for the truck. Going to see if he and I can figure something out. He painted my fenders and all my color matching. Might bring him the truck in pieces and figure out the cab and/or doors

Btw dozer, no PM in my box ???
I sent you that PM James

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk