Aug 10, 2006
I spoke to Nolan today. During the 12.05 run when the truck shifted to
5th the trans gave up. :(

He coasted to a 12.05..........

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
There is way more high perf duramax's than I would have ever guessed. It was awesome. I felt quite unprepared though haha. Maybe after this winter I will bring the truck down and rebuild the motor. I'll start a savings plan right now haha.

DuraMax83

Mar 5, 2009
I spoke to Nolan today. During the 12.05 run when the truck shifted to
5th the trans gave up. :(

He coasted to a 12.05..........

My top MPH was 110. It was a 12.6 run, my 60' sucked. Next pass was 12.14@106mph. When the truck made a weird shift when it hit 5th and I got off of it.

Next pass, which would've been my best, I cut a 1.71 60', and it pulled hard off the line. Again, when it shifted into 5th just after the 1000' mark I believe, the trans slipped and I coasted to a 12.05.

I know the truck has 11's in it now on fuel just have to figure out what happened with the tranny.

Funny thing is, that I drove the truck home after the races and the tranny shifted fine. Have to see what code it threw and then go from there.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
No idea what you have for mods but on a big truck with an lly that's not bad at all really.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
I've got TTS lift pumps:cool:

And an HTT turbo. And tuning by me... well my race tune was entirely by me. RenoDMAX had helped me with some street tunes.

She might run a bit faster if I could get off the line better, who knows. Maybe I'll go again some day!

He called my truck a dodge...:confused:

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He called my truck a dodge...:confused:

No wonder you only got a 13.5-your truck was probably pretty pissed and got distracted!!:D

You've got more done than I do-I'm sure you can make 12's with a little more tuning work-and a built trans.:)

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
I forgot to mention that it has a suncoast stage 3 and a precision converter. I forget whats all changed in this thing. No more EGR, FPRV shim, Billet fuel pickup, LB7 post CAC piping and intake... I dunno.

The tune I ran had a 3300us pulse width and I think hit a max of about 30 degrees timing. I didn't get any logs, but rail pressure was dipping slightly at a 3100us pulse width, so I had figured that this was about all she could do before getting worse.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Did you do any weight reductions? Spare tire, back seat removal?
I found these helped me out along with clamping the rear springs, running about 45psi in the rear air bags, lowering air pressure and dropping the front end till the bolts came loose!!

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
I took the tailgate off and the front right headlight out... Besides that, I had about 200 pounds of garbage rolling around in cab. I had a full tank of fuel.

I weighed in at the gregoire lake/Anzac weigh station a few weeks back at 81XXlbs. So add about 100 pounds because of extra junk I had in there, but then minus the tailgate and the headlight hahahaha.

I think it would be awesome to say I made it into the 12's... but I'm not willing to take out my backseat or anything like that.

I ran whatever pressure was in my tires... I usually have about 45-50psi all the way around.

Oh well, I had fun. I'm glad i got lined up against atleast a few truck around the same speed as me. My first race was against a dodge that ran a 12.2 or something like that... wasn't as much fun getting blown out of the water as it was actually being neck in neck with another truck. Also, the noise behind those dodges is intense.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
When I lost the tailgate, backseat, spare tire, aluminum slip tank, rubber bed mat and all the crap in the cab I got down to 7500lbs. It makes more of a difference than a guy thinks I tell ya!!