Texas Performance Diesel race truck, "Fired Up"

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We went back out again tonight. Got most of the bugs worked out, but there are still a couple of small thing to sort out. The truck managed a 6.50 @ 110.78 with a 1.53 60'. I have a video I'm loading up to YouTube. I'll link it when it is ready. Next trip is to a full 1/4.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Congrats. That's gotta be a low 10, maybe knocking on the door of the 9's in the quarter, gonna get that Allison to hold?
We're hoping it will be in the 9s. I think he's going to try to change up the nitrous system a little to upgrade the solenoids and maybe add another stage. So far the Allison seems to be hanging in pretty well. We'll just have to see how it does.
What size injectors are you running?

I don't know.

glock36

Jul 21, 2012
Neosho Missouri
I know this is/will be a dumb or noob question but why is the transmission wrapped up in a blanket / tarp ? I apologize but I just gotta know. Thanks in advance, oh by the way that is one serious looking truck you all are working on there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I know this is/will be a dumb or noob question but why is the transmission wrapped up in a blanket / tarp ? I apologize but I just gotta know. Thanks in advance, oh by the way that is one serious looking truck you all are working on there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
NHRA rules state any vehicle running 10.99 or quicker or faster than 135 MPH must have a transmission shield with an SFI 4.1 certification. That is a blanket type shield.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
We're hoping it will be in the 9s. I think he's going to try to change up the nitrous system a little to upgrade the solenoids and maybe add another stage.

I used the NOS Launcher progressive controller and three of their Super Pro Shot solenoids. Was enough spray to pick up over 500hp on the dyno :D Plus, the progressive controller can be controlled with the in-cab touch screen or your laptop. So you have total control over the solenoids, ramp them in slowly, turn on/off based off boost and rpm, etc... And there was no buttons to push down the track, all wot activated

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I got a new intake built for the race truck today. We also have a CG&J high performance intercooler coming to replace the leaking stocker. We also have a second large solenoid to replace the smaller one that is being used for the first stage of nitrous, a couple of different higher flowing nozzles, and a progressive controller coming to revamp the nitrous system. Here are some pics of the intake. I think it turned out pretty nice.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0418 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0418 (Copy).JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0419 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0419 (Copy).JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 150

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well, a little update for you guys. The truck was hurt at the NHRDA World Finals race. After some checking this weekend, we found a damaged head. Not sure what caused it, but the motor is going back to SoCal. It will be strapped to an engine dyno and tuned with pressure sensors in the cylinders. I'm really interested to see what we learn from this.

While we have it apart, we will be building a new set of twins. There will be an S475 in the valley and an S500 with a 96 mm inducer. It's a pretty significant upgrade over the current setup. We will also be going bigger on the injectors.