TC Lock-Up Switch

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Who all is running a hardwire switch? I have been doing alot of testing lately and my TC lockup is all over the place. It never locks up at the same time during a handfull of boosted launches.

I dont want to shell out for a co-pilot. So I am thinking about doing a flip switch and ground the TCM terminal.

What are the side effects of doing this mod though? I know on the Dodges it cause alot of stress on the input shaft. This will only be used on the drag strip and pulling tracks. Truck is not a daily driver.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Who all is running a hardwire switch? I have been doing alot of testing lately and my TC lockup is all over the place. It never locks up at the same time during a handfull of boosted launches.

I dont want to shell out for a co-pilot. So I am thinking about doing a flip switch and ground the TCM terminal.

What are the side effects of doing this mod though? I know on the Dodges it cause alot of stress on the input shaft. This will only be used on the drag strip and pulling tracks. Truck is not a daily driver.

i know one guy that its working for but it throws codes ..... it is locking the converter though he flips it after secound gear . not shure what the risk is . he is running a waay loose converter though .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I thought this was impossible without redesigning the Valve Body... big $$$.

1st gear lock up is .... 2nd is possible but as i stated above i know it works but at what cost i dont know ... mike or some one else would have to chime in .

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You will lose reverse if you try a switch and have to clear the code before you can unhook from the sled.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
not to mention with no PWM (ie, if you just ground the wire) the converter locks so hard/harshly that Id be afraid to try it at anything over 15% throttle.

ben

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
not to mention with no PWM (ie, if you just ground the wire) the converter locks so hard/harshly that Id be afraid to try it at anything over 15% throttle.

ben

I was thinking of doing this with my current 1st gear delete TCM tune so I bump it out of 1st then lock the converter then start to spool

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was thinking of doing this with my current 1st gear delete TCM tune so I bump it out of 1st then lock the converter then start to spool

yeah..what josh said. You'll get a clunk/lurch and the engine will stall. This is bad for the pump, converter, and engine. Dont do it. :)

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
6 speeds have this table. do you have something similar?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 82

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I'd like to be able to unlock at the end of a run.

Isn't the co-pilot just putting a switch on the blue wire IIRC??