Tapping for fuel pressure reading (Post Liftpump)

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I've driven around all day, and its really disheartning watching that gauge suck down with the throttle. I really would be happy to see it sitting at 9 psi all the time like it was yesterday before I moved the sensor, but with the sensor in its new location ;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Its shimmed and ported :D

I dont have trouble maintaining rail pressure, I do wonder how though since I'm pulling the gauge so far down. WOT on a 2800 PW and I pulled the gauge down to 3 psi

3psi is still a positive pressure Larry! That means your still getting enough fuel.
Gm doesn't even reccomend a filter change with stock tuning until -5psi which leads me to believe the CP3's are designed to work with a bit of a negative draw on them.

FWIW, mine is at -2psi with a new filter at idle-no lift pump.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I've driven around all day, and its really disheartning watching that gauge suck down with the throttle. I really would be happy to see it sitting at 9 psi all the time like it was yesterday before I moved the sensor, but with the sensor in its new location ;)

I think its time you changed to a bigger fuel line:)

Even at idle mine is 9 psi and doesnt seem to move,but ive only gotton to 1/2 throttle:eek:

I like the fass over my KDs but it SOO loud

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think its time you changed to a bigger fuel line:)

Even at idle mine is 9 psi and doesnt seem to move,but ive only gotton to 1/2 throttle:eek:

I like the fass over my KDs but it SOO loud

Did we rubber mount that thing? Maybe it would help if we did?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Dale let checkout the fass and then move on to outside dieslel performance stuff

something with 3/4" in out and big volume capability;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Chad has a 2" firepump laying around!!:D:joker:

What about a 12gal/min slip tank pump?