Sushi Anyone??

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Sushi is good, all kinds. You just have to be able to get past what it looks like sometimes.

Good rule of thumb. If you can smell it, at all. DON'T EAT IT!

When I'm going for anything other than the imitation they sell at the grocery stores. I'll eat it in restaurants usually in big cities that I know have a lot of turn-over. The strip mall Japanese steakhouse might be suspect.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Where do you go?

My favorite place is Nagasaki Inn off Tates creek. Kobe House is in Beaumont Center and I used to go there every weekend for the longest time, Used to get hell of a deal from the cheif because I was his "Numba won cussamer" :roflmao: They have the absolute best spider rolls I've ever had. On Boston road theres alittle place I tried acouple of times called Osaka with my buddy, great salmon but the real attraction was they served me beer when I was underage ( Asahi Super Dry, great beer).

Those china buffets are not the best sushi atall, actually horrible but I still eat it... Kroger is about the same. Places like Malones are way overpriced for the amount you get FWIW. If your in Lexington check out either Nagasaki, or Kobe house. You won't be disapointed.

For those of you who love Unagi, I used to get Unadon all the time. Its the same eel, but a meal size for about 13 bucks depending on the place. Its a great deal so ask for that next time.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
thanks ben! I'm in lex at least once a wknd... I'll have to make my way to those places some time... the wife and I need to spread our wings and get to more places there. She eats vegetarian (a health thing, not an anti-meat thing) though so it can be tough at times.

She doesn't do sushi though so I need places that serve other stuff as well (a la hibachi or china buffets ;) ).

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Sure. And FWIW going to an actual sushi house, they have tons and tons of rolls, I'm sure it will be easy to find a roll for vegatarians not that I have know for sure though because I wouldn't eat it. But they will have plenty of ginger to go around I know that haha

'03duramax

I love cheer******s
Sep 16, 2006
WA
A lot of great sushi places up here in WA. I haven't had one I dislike yet, and I love wasabi. But this is to be expected, I'm a cracker-jap :D

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
I love octopus.

X2 on the tako, I love the whole baby octopi, their all red from some kind of marinade and served hot or cold, all places dont carry them but they are great and chewy! Try to find a Sushi bar, you think the grocery, and buffet are good..... fresh made from a bar is worth the money and its a damn good time with the right chefs! hi'

hbcbob3

Yay, that is stupid...
Mar 31, 2009
Beulah, MO
I can founder on some sushi. My favorites are salmon nigiri, spicy tuna roll, and eel roll. I do kinda like the octopus too, it's real chewy. One I haven't tried for sure is the unagi. I just like the others so much I can't get past them to try that out. But next time I get the chance, I'm trying me some sea urchin!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
One I haven't tried for sure is the unagi. I just like the others so much I can't get past them to try that out. But next time I get the chance, I'm trying me some sea urchin!

your missing out on the unagi & as far as the uni have at that nasty shit, tastes like salty jelly

hbcbob3

Yay, that is stupid...
Mar 31, 2009
Beulah, MO
^ UNI! That's it! Damn, it's been a while since I've gotten some sushi. I meant to say uni, not unagi...I've had unagi (eel)...it's de-lish!

So you wouldn't recommend the uni? I thought I was skeptical for a reason.

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
I eat sushi at least 3 times a month. might actually go for lunch today. anything with sriracha sauce is AMAZING. local place has a roll called a fat boy that is fried crab and eel its awesome.

jon5212

Oct 13, 2010
I love sushi as well, I could eat it for breakfast/lunch/dinner and a snack, Pretty much I'll eat whatever is in it, except for octopus... it's just not very appetizing I've tried it before but its not my thing.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I had to go out last week after this thread started
alligator roll(tempura shrimp with unagi on top), scorpion roll(unagi,avocado&shrimp on top) maguro
moto_0262.jpg
volcano roll(spicy tuna,yellowtail&salmon)
moto_0263.jpg
house tempura roll & unagi
moto_0264.jpg

Attachments

• moto_0262.jpg
    moto_0262.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 7
  • moto_0263.jpg
    moto_0263.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 8
  • moto_0264.jpg
    moto_0264.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 4

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
I basically eat all of it except for eel, for some reason Im not a fan of it.
I especially like sashimi. If my pockets were deep enough I would eat sushi 4 or 5 times /week

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I hate it, a friend of mine back in Socal wife is Japanese and made some for us to try on a few occasions never like any of it. I can eat a raw stake just fine, but I can't handle raw fish. Honestly though there isn't a lot of fish I like anymore though.