Sushi Anyone??

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Any of y'all like to eat sushi? If so, what kinds?

It took a big leap for me to try it but to date, I've only had one I didn't care for & even it was eatable. Funny thing is though, the place I eat it the most (china buffet) doesn't label them so I have no idea what I'm eating. :D

Our grocery has a fresh sushi bar too so I've been eating veggie rolls (somewhat friendly for this phase of my diet). They're good but naturally so since they don't have anything exotic in em - avocado, carrots, cucumber, seaweed & something else.

What do you all like?

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
About the only ones I steer clear of are octopus...don't like the suckers looking at me, and it's kind of tough in my experience.

And salmon roe is not cool at all either. I don't like having to chase my food around in my mouth.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
I suggest going to a good sushi joint and you'll probably enjoy it a lot more. Knowing what it is and that it's fresh is a much better experience in my opinion...I like crunchy rolls and philly rolls :D

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Crab/shrimp rolls california rolls, spider rolls, etc.. They had this americanized sushi bar locally were you could get filet mignon & crab rolls and a bunch of other similar things that were awesome.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
seen one somewhere one time called the KFC roll... you can guess what it was... Yep, tempura (fried) chicken in a roll. LOL

There's a hibachi bar here that has one called a Sensational Roll and man it looks so yummy. I've yet to have it though. Maybe next time!

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Nice that does sound delicious. My local place does Kobe Beef rolls that are a regular sushi roll with tempura shrimp...a bunch of other stuff topped with kobe beef that is seared with a torch and served it's simply amazing!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I go out for it at least once a month, it gets pricey but theres a local place that does an all you can eat for $33 thats pretty damn good.
My favs are spicy shrimp,scallop or tuna handrolls, unagi & the big chefs specialty rolls. I won't touch any of the straight roe sushi, I do like a little masago or tobiko on rolls though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Anything with eel sauce is :yumyum:

The philly roll and caterpillar roll are both pretty good.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
one place we used to go to had a roll with smoked salmon and cream cheese that was to die for. the 2 flavors combined perfectly. but anything with salmon, tuna, spicy tuna, tempuras. if i could afford it i would eat it every day:woott:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
I love good sushi .... eat at this local place at least twice a month .

Its as good as it gets . Full Japanese traditional .

http://eatoc.blogspot.com/2005/05/uoko-sushi-nirvana-in-orange-county.html

This is the best I have found to date .

http://www.uokosushi.com/

There are many what I call " Imposter Sushi " joints around . Korean's pretending to be Japanese .

Being my lady is Japanese .... Its easy to know if your at one of the imposter joints .

Just ask for ... Hashi ( Chopsticks ) , Shoyu ( Soy Sauce ) , if they look at you like ... Huh! You know right then and there .... Imposters ! :roflmao:

Doesnt mean the food wont be decent . But once you have had the real deal ...... the others are just imposters .

For anybody in Socal ..... I highly reccommomend this place .

Guarranteed you will be thanking me for turning you onto this place .

The best I have ever had .... :thumb:

Eat here all the time and just cant get enough of the special touchs on everything you order .

Johnny