Super Street 9.41

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Derek made a great 9.41 pass but it wasn't backed up so not a record.

I did make a few passes and was lucky enough to break the ET record (9.36 backed up a 9.47) and my own MPH record (152, 152, 151mph) and then make it through the toughest field of Super Street trucks I've ever seen.

The truck was weighed after each pass right on the return road. D/A measured 7700'

Thank you to SoCal for an amazing engine and Brad at Calvin's for a transmission that can go round after round at this level.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Thanks for the kind words but there are many people that have helped keep this truck at it's best over the years, I'm but one of a group but lucky enough to own/drive it.

The Super Street Class has become a very tough class. At least 6 of the entries were running consistent 9's, and at elevation. Gone are the days when I felt very confident of a win, it's a drop down, drag out fight now. It is really great.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wow, Rob! Very impressive! Congratulations. :thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
60 was about a .10 off but the track was a bit slippery.

Attachments

• 9.36 @ 152 mph time slip.jpg
    9.36 @ 152 mph time slip.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 81

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Does it have anymore in it Rob? It looked and sounded great. Congrats

It has ET on the table, I've cut high 1.4 60' times with it on a good track and .10 improvement on 60' usually nets me .15 improvement on the ET. TCM tune is still not perfect either since I have changed tire size, so maybe .05 -.10 left there. Hot day and huge D/A may have hurt a bit but not sold on that. So on a perfect day/track/tuning it may have a 9.1 in it, but we all know those days don't happen but in dreams.

As far as HP, I can make more but I like to make rounds and events so I'm not going up in that department. The engine, trans, and turbos are working great and seem happy but need to last me many more passes this season. I needed to have the HP turned up for this field last weekend and will most likely turn it down until needed again.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Awesome. Where are you shifting it rpm wise with the pcs? If you don't want to say it's ok. With my manual vb I'm shifting in the 4500 range...the truck seems to be happy but we are still learning with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Awesome. Where are you shifting it rpm wise with the pcs? If you don't want to say it's ok. With my manual vb I'm shifting in the 4500 range...the truck seems to be happy but we are still learning with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different on each gear and lockup.

Drive pressure plays a big part in the decision so it wouldn't be the same as our turbo set-up is way different. Dyno time is good for testing HP at RPM and then mapping the drive pressure/boost in each gear. Lay the data out and you have a good base line. Change something small like tire size and the whole thing goes up in dust and back to the testing part.