SunCoast-Frictions/steels, kits, built units...

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Yes, These are an upgrade over stock. :thumb:

I know somebody looking to build his 6 speed. He needs a bit more than stock as he has 35's and tows HEAVY with it, but doesn't really have a need for an all out GMAX kit. Just trying to help him find a kit for what he needs that is hopefully less than a full on build as he doesn't really need that much. And I just don't feel like sourcing out the ALTO power packs for him as that was a hassle last time I did it. Kits are ALOT nicer to deal with.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I know somebody looking to build his 6 speed. He needs a bit more than stock as he has 35's and tows HEAVY with it, but doesn't really have a need for an all out GMAX kit. Just trying to help him find a kit for what he needs that is hopefully less than a full on build as he doesn't really need that much. And I just don't feel like sourcing out the ALTO power packs for him as that was a hassle last time I did it. Kits are ALOT nicer to deal with.

Any kit i have will be more than sufficient for your friend. They were all designed keeping in mind the daily driver work trucks and the more aggressive higher horsepower trucks So you get the best of both worlds. Whatever you decide i have what you need

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Any kit i have will be more than sufficient for your friend. They were all designed keeping in mind the daily driver work trucks and the more aggressive higher horsepower trucks So you get the best of both worlds. Whatever you decide i have what you need

So your saying you are the candyman :D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

lbz07

Feb 5, 2013
Hello new to this site but i joined because i need the best
Trans kit available and yours sounds like it.
I have 07lbz and need some freindly pricing on tranny build kit. please get back to me to talk. Thank you

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Hello new to this site but i joined because i need the best
Trans kit available and yours sounds like it.
I have 07lbz and need some freindly pricing on tranny build kit. please get back to me to talk. Thank you

No problem at all. I will send you a PM here in a bit with a few different options on kits and also converter options.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Looks like there are a lot of options. I have the first Gmax 5 speed single sided clutches setup. Are all the new clutches better? What would be the best way to update in the future? What else is different in the "kits" than what's in mine?

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Which cluctches would you say are better at holding the high hp trucks, the raybestos, or the double sided carbonites you are now offering?

Last edited:

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Different builders have their own individual friction preference. We've had requests for Raybestos, so we now offer Raybestos.
The truth is that we have tested the double sided carbonite frictions in higher horsepower applications (1900+ hp). We have yet to see the failure rate of the raybestos however, we are still in the processs of getting them into the higher horse power trucks. In short, they are both a great frictions. Whatever you decide to go with will work great. Just continue to keep in mind that nothing will last forever at these power levels.

Last edited:

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
If you have the old Gmax-5 the only difference is that Double sided carbonite C3 frictions used in the new kits. We also offer double sided for c4 for an additional cost.

So are you seeing problems with the single sided C3s then?

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
There is nothing "wrong" with the single sided by any means. We had some reports of them having issues in the higher horsepower trucks so we addressed it. With everything comes improvement