Stroker pumps

03demax

Sep 15, 2008
Central PA
Afriend of mine told me if I put a stroker or a modded stage 2 cp3 pump on my truck it would not be very streetable. He drives an 06 dodge. Just wandering how this will work.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
wrong.:)

Several people here own them and currently driving them, I'll let them fill you in first hand.

With the PDA you might not quite be ready for a full blown pump, a PPE valve wouldn't hurt you any.

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
First hand ;) running 2 cp3s here.

Afriend of mine told me if I put a stroker or a modded stage 2 cp3 pump on my truck it would not be very streetable. He drives an 06 dodge. Just wandering how this will work.

WTF? It will supply the fuel you need to run "un-streetable". But without tuning and delivery, it will operate pretty much normal.

What the hell is a stage 2 cp3 lol, you mean a modded cp3 or a 2nd cp3?

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Dodge and a Duramax are two different animals... we can control fuel supply with EFI Live much better than you can with stacked programmers. Even in a Dodge I don't see why it wouldn't be anymore or less streetable than a stocker? Unless they are referring to how much smoke comes out?:confused:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Dodge and a Duramax are two different animals... we can control fuel supply with EFI Live much better than you can with stacked programmers. Even in a Dodge I don't see why it wouldn't be anymore or less streetable than a stocker? Unless they are referring to how much smoke comes out?:confused:

OT, you send check;)

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

fiirst off... i dotn see a built tranny in your sig.... a stock cp3 pump will put a hurt on a stock tranny...

you are soem what putting the cart before the horse.. banks is good but it is beginner level and soem what stock safe tunning.

our stock cp3 are good for ~600rwhp or more givne avalible air.

when getting the level that one need a modded cp3 they for the most part already have a SC3 or better tranny.. either PPE or EFI live in the truck.

:hug:

03demax

Sep 15, 2008
Central PA
I was asking the question to gather knowledge on the subject. My trucks sig. is going to change a whole bunch this year.:D:D I needed to see if what I was told was true for the Dmax. Thank you for answering.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Do you adjust the tuning with EFI??

OH YEA! :D

EFI tuning is the equivelent of sliced bread. Within reason you make it (engine/trans/fuel) do what you want it to do when you want it to do it.

Only way to fly if you wanna go fast. Otherwise you get plug and play what somebody else has.:D Don;t get me wrong, some good tuners out there as well, PPE units make good power.

Good luck, watch out for the diesel bug.:)

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
im bout to put one of them modded pumps on my truck, my stocker is in bad shape.

just might find out what kind of numbers i can throw on the dyno with a good pump

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i've driven a truck w/ dual cp3s and a 170 tune on the ppe w/ stock turbo and it was nothing different than driving it stock, just a bit faster.:D

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I've driven trucks (Dodge...full disclosure here) with modded CP3's, twin stock pumps and twin modded pumps.....they all ran just fine in normal driving conditions.

I have a modded single on my truck now but have a second modded pump sitting in the shop waiting to go on.