Stock 2002 LB7 ZF6 tune

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
If i were you I would take it into a dealer and have it flashed to the stock tune where you don't what OS it had to start with. IIRC you can look up the OS on GM TIS from you vin also. if you can get that you could also get the correct OS. but might be better to just start with the right one from the dealer.

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
When I use the 6006 I lose control of my HVAC. It wouldn't switch between defrost and vents, and AC light was stuck on. My 4wd light also wasn't working, but the truck was going into 4wd.

What are your thoughts?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
You have the wrong system segment is why those features stopped working.

When I beta tested the 2001-2002 OS conversions back in 2006 with Ross ,I/We tried all different combinations of full flashes and I started doing all 2001 OS swaps to 2002 way back in 2006 and what I discovered was the biggest issue with OS swaps is to make sure the correct system segment is used.

There are 2wd, 4wd with ZF6/manual transfer case, 4wd with Allison/manual transfer case, 4wd with Allison/push button transfer case.

Then there is Auto HVAC and manual Hvac, no cruise control and cruise control.

Many tuners will make the mistake of assuming that just a simple OS Swap is all you need, that is never the case.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
When I use the 6006 I lose control of my HVAC. It wouldn't switch between defrost and vents, and AC light was stuck on. My 4wd light also wasn't working, but the truck was going into 4wd.

What are your thoughts?

Yep... What tony said. They transfer over for the most part, but sometimes they do not.

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
Is there a way to change the system segments in an OS, or do I just need to use a different OS.

I definitely liked the way the truck ran on the 6006 OS.

DMAX22

Feb 19, 2014
I want to delete my egr, but someone told me it would be better just to do the blocker plate, is it still the same thing.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
Tony, Can you change the system segments in the 6006 OS or do I need to use a different OS?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The software allows for segment swaps, I have had good luck with gas tank swaps, but sometimes with other segment swaps it has caused weird issues.

Do not even attempt a system segment swap on an LLY.........:eek:

If you need something specific I can email it

I've done a couple LLY segment swaps and had good luck so far. I've also done some LBZ segment swaps for the DURABURB tunes I have done, and they worked out good as well(just wished I would have had a cab and chassis instead of a 4500 MD tune for the dual tank segment).

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
If you need something let me know, most likely I have every OS ever released by GM
I'm looking for these two oem tunes:

2008–2010 LMM Chevrolet Kodiak & GMC TopKick (LYE option) 330 bhp @ 3000rpm / 620 lb·ft @ 1600rpm
2008–2010 LMM Chevrolet Kodiak & GMC TopKick (LRX option) 300 bhp @ 3000rpm / 520 lb·ft @ 1600rpm

If I could get them in .tun file format that would be great.
I also posted this on EFILive forum, but didn't know if you could get these tunes without a VIN. I hope already have them.

Thanks!

twin64

Oct 26, 2013
So on the calibration window, do I need to change the code in the BCC box? The old tune code is DPJK and the 6006 tune from Kory is DRUJ.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
So on the calibration window, do I need to change the code in the BCC box? The old tune code is DPJK and the 6006 tune from Kory is DRUJ.

You need to look at the segment numbers, not the 4 digit code. The segment numbers is what makes a tuen file what it is. And you cannot compare different OS numbers as the segment numbers will not match up. GM used to offer the TIS site for free to look up the segment numbers you needed to look for which would allow you to build your tune file, but they now do it by subscription only.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
You have the wrong system segment is why those features stopped working.

When I beta tested the 2001-2002 OS conversions back in 2006 with Ross ,I/We tried all different combinations of full flashes and I started doing all 2001 OS swaps to 2002 way back in 2006 and what I discovered was the biggest issue with OS swaps is to make sure the correct system segment is used.

There are 2wd, 4wd with ZF6/manual transfer case, 4wd with Allison/manual transfer case, 4wd with Allison/push button transfer case.

Then there is Auto HVAC and manual Hvac, no cruise control and cruise control.

Many tuners will make the mistake of assuming that just a simple OS Swap is all you need, that is never the case.
The software allows for segment swaps, I have had good luck with gas tank swaps, but sometimes with other segment swaps it has caused weird issues.

Do not even attempt a system segment swap on an LLY.........:eek:
I've done a couple LLY segment swaps and had good luck so far. I've also done some LBZ segment swaps for the DURABURB tunes I have done, and they worked out good as well(just wished I would have had a cab and chassis instead of a 4500 MD tune for the dual tank segment).

The segment numbers is what makes a tuen file what it is...

I apologize for asking what must be newbie questions in this thread, but when I saw all these references to "segments" I did not understand exactly what you were referring to, and cursory searches didn't clarify this, so could either of you guys elaborate on what exactly you are referring to when you use the term "segments"?

I assume "segments" must be contained within the tune file, but I'm wondering if segments provide a way to change groups of tables without moving the individual values from a table in one tune file into the same table in a different tune file?

I'm guessing that maybe some (but not all) of the "segments" are part of the operating system? ...and some (or all) segments control attributes not otherwise accessible via the normal tables in EFILive Tune software (The use of the term "correct system segment" makes me think this is the case)?

Thanks!

Last edited: