Stalling lb7

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Attached. Looks like a power or ground problem. TCM detects power loss from battery supply at ignition off. Check your harnesses, grounding, and TCM connections.
One thing that comes to mind is it has a lbz fpr and I had to bend the fuel line a little to clear the lb7 connector. I’ll check it out .

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
I'm betting it's transmission related
If it is it has to be wiring the trans is a built suncoast with triple lock converter and billet flywheel. It was built for 1,000 plus Hp . Nothing was changed on it and it wasn’t pulled when the old motor was . It has 30,000 miles on it . And the motor is all new . I’m going to drive it and data log as much as possible. Hoping I’ll catch it stalling and get some useful info .

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Attached. Looks like a power or ground problem. TCM detects power loss from battery supply at ignition off. Check your harnesses, grounding, and TCM connections.
It was the ground off the harness at the drivers body mount . It had separated inside the insulation! There are three wires there . Hasn’t stalled once since I repaired and cleaned it .

Reactions: dndj

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Unfortunately it did it this morning stalled turning onto road said shift range inhibited. Went 20 miles and it stalled turning left into a school said service brakes soon . Then turned into restaurant left again stalled but no info this time ? Wtf

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Pull codes, including TCM. Post them here.
There are no codes ! That’s the problem! Fixed a ground on the passenger side that looked ok . But upon repair it stopped the stalling.so far so good put 100 miles on it today

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Thank you ! Ended up being the black with white stripe ground wire on right front of block . Pitman arm was rubbing and pulling on it when I’d make left turns . Then it would kill the motor . Wire was pulled in two inside the insulation.

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Thank you ! Ended up being the black with white stripe ground wire on right front of block . Pitman arm was rubbing and pulling on it when I’d make left turns . Then it would kill the motor . Wire was pulled in two inside the insulation.I have a aftermarket brace on the idler and it’s close there with the stock set up . I clearanced it .