Stalling lb7

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
I have a all new motor lift pump is working perfectly. I put the truck in gear go to take off and it stalls . Some times it says shift range inhibited. Some times not . Not getting any codes ! It has EFI live tunes . Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
It’s a 2003 lb7 built trans and motor all new fuel system. Motor is new as is turbo . 500 miles on new build

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
bound up torque converter?
No trans is working perfectly I can load it up against the brake and it will break the tires loose . I just unhooked the edge cts2 and hooked up my flash scan v3 and it says there is a current code of p0880 ?

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
So I’m looking all over for the steps to check for p0880 problems. Anyone that can direct me it will be greatly appreciated

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Attached. Looks like a power or ground problem. TCM detects power loss from battery supply at ignition off. Check your harnesses, grounding, and TCM connections.

Attachments

• 880a.jpg
    880a.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 880b.jpg
    880b.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Ozzy57

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Attached. Looks like a power or ground problem. TCM detects power loss from battery supply at ignition off. Check your harnesses, grounding, and TCM connections.
Thank you I did that last night . Going to put a new ground from motor to batteries. Also changing the ignition today being intermittent I’m hoping that’s it

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Thank you I did that last night . Going to put a new ground from motor to batteries. Also changing the ignition today being intermittent I’m hoping that’s it
Thank you for the info . I’m trying to track down a factory electrical service manual

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Well still can’t find out what’s making the truck stall . It will stall out after putting it in gear and giving it fuel . Stalls but starts right back up . Not getting and codes tonight . But it did say voltage is low . It’s putting 13.6 bolts out at idle . I’m at my whits end here ! New ignition switch and NSBU switch. Going to test alt next and going over grounds . Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Thank you ! Great reference wish I had the test equipment I need . Still chasing stalling when I put it in gear and go to take off it stalls .
Not setting a code when it does it . I think I got the p0880 to stop . I’ll run it tomorrow and double check

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
are you able to read fuel pressure?
Yes fuel rail pressure is good I can hook a mechanical gauge on the lift pump . I’m not having any issues with performance after I accelerate runs perfect . Shifts through the gears and hauls ass ! It’s just the log idle stall

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Yes fuel rail pressure is good I can hook a mechanical gauge on the lift pump . I’m not having any issues with performance after I accelerate runs perfect . Shifts through the gears and hauls ass ! It’s just the off idle stall

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
Yes fuel rail pressure is good I can hook a mechanical gauge on the lift pump I suppose . I’m not having any issues with performance after I accelerate and if it doesn’t stall it runs perfect . Shifts through the gears and hauls ass ! It’s just the off idle stall

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
I’m just learning EFI live and have a flash scan v3 . I’m reading up on how to data log now . When I get it figured out I’ll do that and try to catch it stalling .