Help: somethings not right

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
That was probably enough. I think it would be wise to seek some professional help on this one. If you want Ill tow it to Maryland for you.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i don't really mean to :threadjacked: but i didnt really know where else to put this:

I may have a similar noise at idle when cold but can't find any leaks and checked balance rates and were within spec in P and D. truck has done this since my dreaded transmission problem also, but it developed another symptom about a week later - blue smoke at startup and a really rough idle. i dont mean a little smoke either. i mean like a suffocating cloud for about 5-10 seconds. i wasnt sure if it was just because the truck was sitting more and it was getting colder, or if something got really f-ed up. I just heard from a friend that his truck had the blue smoke issue right before his rods windowed his block:eek::eek::eek:....any way of double checking this?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
i don't really mean to :threadjacked: but i didnt really know where else to put this:

I may have a similar noise at idle when cold but can't find any leaks and checked balance rates and were within spec in P and D. truck has done this since my dreaded transmission problem also, but it developed another symptom about a week later - blue smoke at startup and a really rough idle. i dont mean a little smoke either. i mean like a suffocating cloud for about 5-10 seconds. i wasnt sure if it was just because the truck was sitting more and it was getting colder, or if something got really f-ed up. I just heard from a friend that his truck had the blue smoke issue right before his rods windowed his block:eek::eek::eek:....any way of double checking this?

compresion check ? i beilve should show if theres a shortned rod or a issue in tht cylinder.