#1-400psi
#2-400psi
#3-390psi
#4-400psi
#5-400psi
#6-390psi
#7-380psi
#8-390psi
this was with 6 cycles to build pressure. every cylinder made it to 280-320psi in two compression strokes and then went to 400psi in another two strokes.

but now i have a service air bag code and a couple abs codes :confused: but the abs codes seem to come and go with my truck and the abs codes never throw a check engine light

dammm thts some high compresion there :)

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
ok so i did a compression test and
#1-400psi
#2-400psi
#3-390psi
#4-400psi
#5-400psi
#6-390psi
#7-380psi
#8-390psi
this was with 6 cycles to build pressure. every cylinder made it to 280-320psi in two compression strokes and then went to 400psi in another two strokes.

but now i have a service air bag code and a couple abs codes :confused: but the abs codes seem to come and go with my truck and the abs codes never throw a check engine light

Nice!! glad to see that your pistons seem fine:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i take it from that reaction that they aren't cheap :eek:

No they are not,But cheaper than new pistons

Do you have steering controls and if so do they still work?

FYI the next time you check comppression use the seat belt aound the steering wheel to keep it from moving:)

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
No they are not,But cheaper than new pistons

Do you have steering controls and if so do they still work?

FYI the next time you check comppression use the seat belt aound the steering wheel to keep it from moving:)

wht does the clock spring due and why do you need to keep it from moveing ?have herd about it before just never knew why :confused::)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
wht does the clock spring due and why do you need to keep it from moveing ?have herd about it before just never knew why :confused::)

basically the steering wheel is set in the middle of the rotation IIRC it can go 3 turns each way and this puts the at 0 your safe at -1 or +1 the spring is out of whack ( if that makes any sense )

basically the wire controls the AIR BAG sensor and on newer models the steering wheel controls

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I will check and see if mine fits,I have a LB7 I can try it on on the engine stand were finishing the build on.If that doest work you might want to pull injector and look thru there.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
basically the steering wheel is set in the middle of the rotation IIRC it can go 3 turns each way and this puts the at 0 your safe at -1 or +1 the spring is out of whack ( if that makes any sense )

basically the wire controls the AIR BAG sensor and on newer models the steering wheel controls

iteresteing thanks :D

SledMax

Jul 31, 2008
Sounds like an external exhaust leak for sure.. Manifolds and up pipes, if u take it down the road and it sounds like u have a squirrell under ur hood that has its balls crunched in a vice then its the exhaust leakin, seen it a couple times on mine..

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
Sounds like an external exhaust leak for sure.. Manifolds and up pipes, if u take it down the road and it sounds like u have a squirrell under ur hood that has its balls crunched in a vice then its the exhaust leakin, seen it a couple times on mine..
well the wierd thing is as soon as you give it any throttle the noise goes away. today the noise got much worse and when i pull off the oil cap it sounds like there is something rattling around in there (very quite but its there) :confused: could loose torque converter bolts be causing this? or maybe a bad injector or bad cp3?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well the wierd thing is as soon as you give it any throttle the noise goes away. today the noise got much worse and when i pull off the oil cap it sounds like there is something rattling around in there (very quite but its there) :confused: could loose torque converter bolts be causing this? or maybe a bad injector or bad cp3?

need to get a good log of balance rates and a log of you fuel pressure at idle and above

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
well. sometimes you have to get a little dirty to move forward. besides dropping the tranny isnt that bad. can probably have tranny out and re installed faster than popping a turbo off.

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
ok well now its idling rough but the rattle seems to be gone at idle (don't know about when i'm driving) it almost seems like its bad injectors but the balance rates don't seem to show that :confused:

Attachments

• bal3.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
  • bal4.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 1