some people play xbox

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So last night while some people played their favorite gaming system, i installed a diesel race parts fuel tank sump, the no tank drop style. What a piece of cake. Here are a coiple pics
picture.php

In the above pic after finding the center of the tank, and drilling the 2 3/4" hole using a hole saw, i drilled out one hole ising the sump as a guide hole. Then i screwed in two drywall screws opposite sides of the sump from one another. I left the bit in the hole while i set the screws, cuz it helps to secure the sump while setting the screws, the screws make sure there is no movement while i drill the rest of the holes

picture.php

In this pic you can see the sending unit. If you drill about 3 or even 4 inches rearward of center of tank you will miss this. See it in there, don't go lettin the bit run wild into the tank, barely let it cut through. Same goes for the hole saw, infact you may want to consider removing the pilot bit to finish the "main" hole. Gentle is key.

picture.php

picture.php

The pic above shows the finished product, it is a simple task, it will be nice to go another 75 to 100+ miles before i fill up each time.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
man that sure is nice and screw ps3 xbox (sadley i own a ps3) but at least ur getting out there and doing stuff better that sitting on ur ass working out ur thumbs

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
cocopuff, i thought you were a young buck, turns out you're a friggin geezer.... guess i gotta show more respect now..... and by the way i'm rockin the SNES system:woott:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Start @ 180. The stock pipe was suprisingly irregular, rough and had alot of "bite" marks on it. I use linear sanding strokes only till 600 grit. I work up all the way to 3000(180, 300, 600, 1000 & 3000) the more you work the one and two thousand range the better, then some never dull for lubrication with some 00 or 000 steel wool. Then polish with your favorite metal polish and finally buff. I stop @ 3000, but if you go up to 5 and wet sand it, after you polish it you will see your nose hair in it while you stare at its shiny glory.lol

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
cocopuff, i thought you were a young buck, turns out you're a friggin geezer.... guess i gotta show more respect now..... and by the way i'm rockin the SNES system:woott:

Teabaggs!!! Its not been the same with out your witty, information laden insults.
Super nintendo? Pshh. Your kidding right? Whats your fav game, im guessing somethin yoshi related. Hey remember this up up down down left right left right b a select start?
Hahahaha oh god, good times

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Start @ 180. The stock pipe was suprisingly irregular, rough and had alot of "bite" marks on it. I use linear sanding strokes only till 600 grit. I work up all the way to 3000(180, 300, 600, 1000 & 3000) the more you work the one and two thousand range the better, then some never dull for lubrication with some 00 or 000 steel wool. Then polish with your favorite metal polish and finally buff. I stop @ 3000, but if you go up to 5 and wet sand it, after you polish it you will see your nose hair in it while you stare at its shiny glory.lol

Starting at 180 is to rough it just makes alot more work for yourself. I never go below 220 and thats only on the orbital to strip and even surfaces if something finer won't work. Wet sanding every grit and making sure to remove all scratches from the previous grit I've never needed to go above 2500 to get a near chrome like shine. I used to polish alot of sportbike frames, swingarms ect but I don't do any of it anymore I hate it now and don't do it unless it's for a special project at work.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Oh yeah that was you im my garage when i started this, oh wait, nope, there was no one here? Hmmm, how can you tell me what was needed? I went down to the grit required to achieve what i needed. Simple as that. I would not suggest someone start sanding every project @180 grit? Snowflakes bra, snowflakes

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I did the fuel tank sump as a cheaper alternative to a bigger tank(i figure every last drop/mile counts), eliminates the "suck factor" of pulling the fuel up the draw straw which will keep my air dog cooler and quieter, so it will/should last longer. It should flow better i suppose, now the fuel system/ air dog is gravity fed, no more 1/4 tank issue of course, for those who have not experienced that, it sucks. It was much easier to do than a draw straw upgrade. I dont recommend it unless you have a real good fuel filter though, cat 2 micron upgrade at least. One more piece of aftermarket that says the truck came ro play. Just for the record, i only showed that the sending unit could be missed, the directions say to put it in the center, so make your own choice. I like the middle. It looks intentional that way

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Dang, looks nice. :thumb:
Uhm btw what intellivision is what i started on. old school

Daaaaammmmmnnnnn! Respect.
thanks for the kind words on my recent mods, (everyone)
tonight instead of playing xbox i finished patching in a drywall repair. Washed my truck this last winter during the day, pipe broke at night. It only took 7 mo for me to get tired of lookin at it(roughed in) I thought, the truck looks better than the house, oh chit! No wonder the wifes not puttin out. Hahaha. Na, shes a good woman.....she still puts out