SmarTurn one-touch turn signal...NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just thought I would throw this out there, see if there is any interest for a widget like this...

It will be a tiny little module that you wire under the dash (only need to splice 5 or so wires, very easy install) that makes your turn signals..well...smart. I know, cheesy name right?

When you want to make a lane change, you just bump the turn signal button once and my little module automatically makes the turn signal flash 3 times. So basically when you change lanes, you dont have to manually hold the turn signal stalk for 3 or 4 seconds. Sounds pointless at first, but I really think it would be one of those things that you install, use for a week, and then think "wow...this is great!". Also I could add an additional feature so when you have tow/haul on, it will automatically make the turn signal flash 6 or 7 times...

IIRC the LMM's have it from the factory, so why cant us 01-07 GMT-800 guys have the same gee-whiz feature???

what do you guys think

ben

Last edited:

John Wayne

Sep 15, 2009
South TX
i was gonna say that the nbs trucks have this. but you already know this

its actually kinda nice when i use blinkers, which isnt very often.

i would buy one

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Yeah.... I would get one too as I too need to find a reason to justify using my blinkers....this would help

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I never really thought it was that great of a feature. When I'm signaling a lane change, I like it to flash more than 3 times so I end up holding the stalk down rather than just bumping it to use the fancy gizmo.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I never really thought it was that great of a feature. When I'm signaling a lane change, I like it to flash more than 3 times so I end up holding the stalk down rather than just bumping it to use the fancy gizmo.

I can program it to blink however many times you want...

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Yup, I really like it in my LMM Tow haul extra flashing is nice too.

Ben, how about a programmable or latching relay to make the windows all auto down and auto up? :D

I know, itd be a bitch depending on window motor voltage, some being slower than others, etc. Itd almost need a limit switch built into the window. Would be a nice idea though :D

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
96' Passat diesel has that on it. Super fast air/out in summer to cool off inside. Love the feature but you have to roll them up 3 minutes later to get AC cranking. AC is excellent on that thing. 55 mpg is the final cherry on it. No cat, 2 in. exh., air box modded, hi tire pressures roll 100 mph all day and get that mpg. GM needs our 4.5 in the market so bad. GM would sell 1 million of those in a yr.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
Yup, I really like it in my LMM Tow haul extra flashing is nice too.

Ben, how about a programmable or latching relay to make the windows all auto down and auto up? :D

I know, itd be a bitch depending on window motor voltage, some being slower than others, etc. Itd almost need a limit switch built into the window. Would be a nice idea though :D

dei makes a module for this I have them in my truck and wired into the alarm so when the alarm arms the windows auto roll up

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
Defiantly a nice feature..
Im sure i pissed off more than 1 person when i wrote off the LMM and got into the LBZ ..:rofl:

Jetty LBZ

work in progress
Jan 24, 2011
middle TN
dont mean to get off subject but if you could make an LED light kit that shines where your standing when you open your door and have them come on when your door is open that would be pretty sweet. im not good with wiring so i thought i would ask.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just wanted to let everyone know that these are finished and ready for sale! :D

As I said in my initial post, this module adds the "one-touch lane change" feature to the 2003-2007 GMT-800 pickup trucks and SUV's.

This module is very easy to install. All you have to do is hook it up to any +12v ignition source and any solid ground.

The turn signal interface wiring is designed to be "plug and play". You do NOT have to cut any wires and its very easy to go back to stock/factory at any time.

All you have to do is tap the turn signal lever once and the appropriate turn signal will flash 3 times and then automatically shut off.

Otherwise, the blinkers work normally (when the lever is clicked all the way, the blinkers turn on and stay on), of course. If you have the turn signal on constantly (like turning at an intersection), and then click them off, the module is smart enough to recognize this, and the turn signal will cancel immediately. So its NOT like as soon as you turn the corner and the lever clicks "off", the blinkers keep blinking for an extra 3 times.

This module also interfaces with tow/haul mode, so when you are in tow/haul, the one-touch lane change feature automatically blinks twice as many times. This is because when you are towing a trailer, you'll generally be making longer, slower lane changes.

IMG-20111027-00318.jpg

IMG-20111027-00316.jpg

I have not completely finalized pricing yet, but please send me a PM or email (preferably email) at btdieselworks @ gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing one and I will put you on the list.

Ill get a video up of this working shortly. :cool:

Ben