Sleeves, Fabtech HD Tie Rods or Cognito HD Tie Rods?

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Just trying to get a few opinions of what you all think is the best, I have my own opinions just seeing what you guys like better? FYI, I have run both Fabtech and Sleeves on the two of my trucks and neither have broken, just wanted others opinions.

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
my nod goes to sleeves. They fit OEM parts and you can find a tie rod anywhere for OEM replacement. An aftermarket large one fails and your stuck until you get another in.

My 2 cents anyways..

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
All our trucks just run sleeves and we haven't had a problem with more passes then I can count between them all. Both Blue and Wendy also run Cognito braces and Casper has a SD centerlink.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
my nod goes to sleeves. They fit OEM parts and you can find a tie rod anywhere for OEM replacement. An aftermarket large one fails and your stuck until you get another in.

My 2 cents anyways..

Good point, Never thought of it like that.

So far I love my sleeves (Pac Brake) but I never tried out the full tie rod.
Plus I'd think with sleeves you'd have less of a chance of having to get an alignment after the install...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I have Cognito hiem joint style and untill recently they have worked really well over 70 000 miles with out issues but they are now worn out and seem to be a pain to get the ends,As they are switching out to a different newer style...WHY?

Ive never been a big fan of GM tierod ends but on my 01 I do have sleeves and not bigger tires so im sure they will be just fine:)

One thing i also liked about the COGs is that your wheel alingment shops seem to really like the adjustability

Just my 2 cents

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
I run a Fabtech 6" lift and sled pull. I started with cognito braces and sleeves. It didn't cut it. I still had MAJOR toe problems. I bought the SD stainless centerlink and Super Steer Idler support and Cognito HD tie rods. This is definately a good purchase if you run a lift and want to sled pull. You definately loose turning radius unless you want to drag a tire but this is the closest I have felt to a solid front end since a solid front end. I will plan to switch back to factory tie rods w/ sleeves and centerlink this fall when snow pushing comes around.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I run sleeves and my own braces for the front end. Works wonderfully Id never pay the money for HD tierods.

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
Im glad this came up I was planning on buying cognito hd rods. Guess ill get sleeves instead, Im running 35s and do a lot of offroading and hoepfully soon ill have a cognito 4-6 and a built trans. Why do people go with the hd rods instead of sleeves since they are cheaper? Who has the cheapest sleeves or I one brand better then the other?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Im glad this came up I was planning on buying cognito hd rods. Guess ill get sleeves instead, Im running 35s and do a lot of offroading and hoepfully soon ill have a cognito 4-6 and a built trans. Why do people go with the hd rods instead of sleeves since they are cheaper? Who has the cheapest sleeves or I one brand better then the other?

I have SD sleeves. You can get sleeves through PPE as well. Id stick with those two as I dislike knockoffs.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I just got a set of the new style Cognito tie rods
they are pretty nice and beefy

Ive had the super steer and cog braces for a long time now and tons of boosted launches
I eventually bent the stock centerlink though