SIKDMAX LMM painfully slow Install/Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
The surge tank is mounted where the drivers side Battery was. The Drivers side battery is now mounted to the frame under the bed. But no, the truck did not run when it left. After charging the Battery all day, it only showed 6amps. We used the spare battery for the winch, and it was pretty much shot as well. She just did a slow crank then click click click:(. Matt should be getting home right about now!

Nate, I might be headed up to Sac next weekend. I can drive it up to you, or you can swing down this way if i don't head up.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I had to buy new batteries for mine after it sat for so long, even though I had the batteries disconnected.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Thats what Russ said - I did hear it turn over once so I know he didnt lock it up :D :D

Now it just click click, but the thing that gets me is we had jumper cables on it from a running truck and it woudlnt fire.

He blew a fuse, a 125 amp big one on the firewall pass side that we bypassed to try but I need to source one of those and get a new battery. Im only running 1 battery also.

Ill post pics of the fuse stuff in a bit, may try to go snag an Optima.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
He also texted me early this morning of the passenger side battery ground he thinks he forgot to extend - I need to check that out as well.

It was sure nice to drive a Duramax yesterday though, even if it wasnt mine :rofl: Yup, Tristans (Twister805 here) s truck. When I got back at midnight I went and washed it - hadnt been done in almost a year it looked like :spit:. Gonna help him out with some other maintenance stuff too - it has a bad manifold exhaust leak and needs a good cleaning inside and out and some maintenance items.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
It runs.

Seems to be leaking like a sieve - a good portion of the $$$ to RPM Motorsports was to fix any and all leaks.... not happy right now :mad:

More later.

The tag said I charged you $325 to remove the HTT, fix a leak on the tubo drain gasket that you guys did not install or tighten the bolts to, and also included R&R for the new 3" bridge. So you were not getting charged much for the work. I did not hear anything from you about any leaks still to this day. I took almost $500 off the tag because it was not running when it left, and I felt bad about taking so long with the build. BTW since we are putting everything out in the open now, The $2000 check you wrote me for the twins bounced!!!

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Sorry guys, Ive been out recovering from a pretty bad car accident I was in, havent worked on the truck at all :(

I know I have a leak from the big turbo drainline at the turbo, and possibly at the block. Just little stuff that can be fixed no biggie once its reliably running.

I need to extend a ground wire and ground it, along with add a few quarts of engine oil and trans fluid. I hope to get to it by the end of this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.