SIKDMAX LMM painfully slow Install/Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Ah hah perfect I already bought the hose... awesome.

OK me and my buddy are going to lunch but have made some good progress... most of the fuel lines are on and injector harness etc.

I need to find the 4 studs for my tstat housing.... theyre missing.

I found the 2 coolant y gaskets I needed, but I need the large o ring for the black coolant tube that goes down from below the tstat housing.

I need to mount up the injector return harness on the pass side, I know there is a bracket to do it but I cant figure out how it goes.... anyone have a pic of this area?

fuelreturnbracket.jpg

Also have this bracket that says pass lower side... I know it goes vertical... where and whats it hold?

frontpassbracket.jpg

one goes on left side one on the right they hold the fan shroud on they bolt to the block look on the pic below you can see the one for both sides

Attachments

• wrong%20reluctor%20.jpg
    wrong%20reluctor%20.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Jackass!

Tomorrow night bellhousing bolts.

Have to order flywheel bolts, 4 studs and an oring then can get the rest of the stuff on the front. Then intake and figure out my downpipe and stack setup then the stuff on the front stack.
Still gotta see if I can scrape up funds for a dual CP3

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Do you mean flywheel or torque converter? It would have been easier to torque them with the motor on the ground. They have to be very tight. I am assuming your transmission is on the ground still?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im talking torque converter bolts. That I insert in thru the starter hole.

Crap, didnt even think about the suncoast tc in there. do i need to order the right ones from mike?

wow glad I said something. No offence matt, but do you have someone else there double checking your work? Someone who has swapped a dmax before? Id hate to see it blow up the first drive out because you missed one small step.

ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Do you mean flywheel or torque converter? It would have been easier to torque them with the motor on the ground. They have to be very tight. I am assuming your transmission is on the ground still?

yeah I meant torque converter, I only said flywheel because thats what matt said but I knew he meant tc...

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Thanks Mike.... to be clear they are 1 time use correct? Theres been discussion on this before and I always mix up the flywheel bolts and the torque converter bolts.

I will call you this afternoon after I deposit a check in my bank acct and get some coming. Thanks.

And Ben, yes, Jason is coming up from LA to help me finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.