Short bed conversion

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
I have been asked several times in the past on how I did my short bed conversion. For that reason I started to compile a document about 2 years ago, which I finally completed today.

:cool:

Attachments

• GM 2500HD short bed conversion.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,985

freightdriver

Jul 21, 2009
i deffinately was'nt expecting that much when you said you'd finish it up and get back to me. :beer

either way i wonder who'll be the first one to make the "cut".

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Lennart - I've followed your project and progress (and dreamed) since you started the "Short Cut" thread. Nice write up! Can't believe you didn't end the PDF with a "money" shot of the finished truck....:)

Since you've BTDT, do you think it would be possible to even try something like this with a 5.5' bed like the CC 1/2 tons come with?

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
Since you've BTDT, do you think it would be possible to even try something like this with a 5.5' bed like the CC 1/2 tons come with?

A friend of mine has got an 06 Sierra EC 5.5' bed truck. Will take a look. The way I shortened the frame does not allow you to shorten it much more due to the length of staight overlap of the frame sections.
Unfortunately gmupfitter.com does not give me a whole lot of information on the 5.5' bed trucks either.

chambersj

Dec 6, 2010
i did mine by cutting the rear frame section off and welding a rear frame section off a crew cab onto it. it was fairly simple took four hours and everything bolted up as you wanted

xchucky

Sep 4, 2013
will this process work with a 2008 2500hd lmm regular cab ive been wanting to shorten bed to make it short bed for a while any help greatly appreciated

ChevyCowboy

Feb 12, 2013
will this process work with a 2008 2500hd lmm regular cab ive been wanting to shorten bed to make it short bed for a while any help greatly appreciated

Should work the same, the frame on your 2008 is the same as the frame on 2001-2007 trucks. I just did this conversion on my truck aswell, took a lot of time but it was well worth it!