Sections for LB7, LLY, LBZ and LMM

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Wouldn't hurt to have individual sections for technical discussions specific to each model.

For instance, I have a question specifically about an LBZ (what makes them throw a P0087) and don't see a good section to post it in.

Just a thought. :angel:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You could post it in tuning discussion with an LBZ highlighter thing.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a new table that will allow you to change the requirements for setting that code. I'll look when I get home.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
i asked this before as well.

They are trying to be different and try new things.

They ask that if you have an engine specific thread that you use the tags.

Personally i like the old fashioned way where if you want to read about LBZ's you go into the LBZ area.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
thanks gents. Yeah, I was affraid they didn't have the different sections in an effort to be different. I also agree with you Stewie, I think it'd be better/more useful to have them even if it is something in common with other sites. It's kind of a necessity.

Josh, yes, I could have posted it in the tuning section but I found the answer to my question and it doesn't seem like it's a tuning situation at all, hence it doesn't really belong in there. Thanks for the suggestion though...

Perhaps they could at least add one section for all things technical that aren't tuning or charger related and then we'll have to be responsible for applying the appropriate tags to the thread when originally posted. i don't think that's as good as individual sections but it would work I suppose. Like Stewie said, it won't be so good for searching.

Now, to the reason I brought all this up...

The guy whose having trouble doesn't have a lift pump. From my understanding after searching, it seems like adding a lift pump *should* cure the problem.

In the mean time, Josh, if you find a way to "fool" the computer or to at least keep it from limiting to 2000RPM when the code is thrown, I'd appreciate it. ;)

C-ya

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Actually, forums die if you do not have enough new posts every day.

Until we get so many new posts every day that it warrants individual areas, we stand the risk of killing the tech areas.

Another concern is that Dmax engines share alot of common tech, and by segregating it by year/model, you perhaps dilute the tech that is posted to boot.

I'm of the belief we have too many areas right now for the volume of traffic here, and I don't want to kill the board off.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
I thinks its just great the way it is.

As far as Im concerned, LLY LBZ LMM are almost identical motors, LB7 being the only real different one.

0087 should set identical on LLY LBZ LMM, no?

you have something on your nose.
:D:p

there are a lot of differences between the engines other then the internals.

The engines all act different too. Have different faults and some different modules. They all have their different technology advancements as well that can change driveability...

I dunno i like being able to click on an area and read about just the lbz's or just the lly's....

I understand the forums falling off though without enough posts.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's the thing.

Everyone who is into tuning these trucks needs to read things like the P0087 problem. Because today you might have a LB7, but tomorrow you might be tuning an LBZ.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
no need for the panties to get in a wad.

I said i understood the reasoning that it's not set up that way.

Sounds like if there was enough posts to justify it, it would happen.

I just simply stated my opinion which seems to be several others opinion as well. Just because there is something that some members "suggest" doesn't mean we don't like this site.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Cool it.

This board will eventually switch over to Year/Model format like the rest the of "busy" websites.

But we are still not busy enough to warrant it.

It is getting closer though.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I much rather have all engines in one forum. I don't feel like looking through a bunch of different ones just to see whats going on. Knowledge is good to have, even if you can't put it to use. It would be much better to start a "Newbie" forum for basic things like codes, when to change your oil, and "what is the best ......?" questions.

When you have different sections someone may have a LB7 but be talking about someting that is common to all D-max's. Becuase they have a LB7 they post in the LB7 section and now people with different motors may losse out on good tech that is common their motor as well. JMO

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I like it the way it is. Just use the engine tags to mark what the thread is about. I like going to one spot for the info. It makes it easier to find things as well:)