LB7: SAC-style Injector Life

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
There's literally 3 posts on page 8 (same page you posted on) about the advantages and need to have them tuned properly. Yes they will run not tuned for them. Maybe even better than the previous style. But will run better once tuned.
I can't imagine them running better than they are now but if they can I'd like to see it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I can't imagine them running better than they are now but if they can I'd like to see it!

You need to update your signature first mister banks big gun :roflmao: but yeah. With these trucks with the versatility of efi live, any small change can be addressed and improved upon. Such as injectors or pumps or turbos. Think of it this way. Let's say you have tunes for a stock turbo. Then you slap on a 63.5 mm cover or a stealth 64. Yes it's gonna run a lot better than it ever has. And make better power. But address that new turbo and new surplus of air, and your truck can make more power and run even smoother with updated tunes. Same with the injectors.

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
You need to update your signature first mister banks big gun but yeah. With these trucks with the versatility of efi live, any small change can be addressed and improved upon. Such as injectors or pumps or turbos. Think of it this way. Let's say you have tunes for a stock turbo. Then you slap on a 63.5 mm cover or a stealth 64. Yes it's gonna run a lot better than it ever has. And make better power. But address that new turbo and new surplus of air, and your truck can make more power and run even smoother with updated tunes. Same with the injectors.
I'm going for the sleeper effect on my signature.
I understand the benefits of EFI live and I'm not saying that you're wrong but I'm just saying that it runs really good now and I would really like to see what it can do with tunes specifically made for these injectors

warriorcustoms

Oct 5, 2017
Leon OK
Thats what I wanted to hear on the SAC 45s & I will send My PCM to Rob or another highly recommended Tuner because I want that Extra MPGs Im hearin about :)

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
Balance rates of the sac 45s been installed a week now
825cb3abb8c0137262661a08e804f0f7.jpg

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
So with SAC 45s & tuning what kind of power over stock do they add if any???
Depends on the tuning. You could tune them for completely stock power, or 500+ HP if you don't like your turbo and rods being in one piece. I like to keep stock engines below 450 HP, usually around [THREAD=42711]425 HP[/THREAD].

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Depends on the tuning. You could tune them for completely stock power, or 500+ HP if you don't like your turbo and rods being in one piece. I like to keep stock engines below 450 HP, usually around [THREAD=42711]425 HP[/THREAD].
What fun is that? Throw 3250 uS at the 45 overs and find that next upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Good Deal so with a Single Tune & SAC 45s its basically a Tow Tune on stock stuff :) But less pulse width...
My understanding is timing is also usually adjusted a little as well because of the design of the nozzles (there is a fuel bowl that isn't pressurized until the needle unseats) and the fact you need less negative torque (fuel injected before TDC).
52181011cef547d578f9e7be528587ba.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Good Deal so with a Single Tune & SAC 45s its basically a Tow Tune on stock stuff :) But less pulse width...

A 90hp tune is about max for an lb7 with a stock allison if you don't like to limp it. A 5 speed can be limped with a 50hp tune if towing heavy(I've had a couple of people limp theres on one of my 50hp tunes).

warriorcustoms

Oct 5, 2017
Leon OK
A 90hp tune is about max for an lb7 with a stock allison if you don't like to limp it. A 5 speed can be limped with a 50hp tune if towing heavy(I've had a couple of people limp theres on one of my 50hp tunes).

Fermanator -
My LB7 will never have loads like intended in the 2500 HD Crew Cab it came from... That truck was prolly 9200lbs... The S10 Crew Cab ZR2 1ton solid axle Im buildin will weight right at 6000lbs :) Itll have a Dana 60 high pinion kingpin front & Military K30 14bolt with 4.56s & Detroit locker on 37in Baja BFGs... Thats pretty close to stock 3.73 gearing... Itll get used to tow a gooseneck stock trailer or an occasional trailer but never anything like Hot Shot drivin in a 2500 or 3500 Crew Cab!!!
And when Im ready Id like to send Ya My PCM for a single tune & IF Your 50hp tune has the same TQ as a 90hp tune thats what Im after :)
Itll eventually get a built trans with a 6sp conversion, Spade Tuner & 68ish mm turbo... Along with Delipped pistons & LBZ rods :)