LB7: SAC-style Injector Life

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Lol luckily my stock trans is still holding. I run it on a 3200uS everyday :woott:

You will be very happy with the BMS sac nozzles. I put about 100 k on the truck that I had those in. Still running strong. You can cut your pulse back to mid 2000 on the big tune and run around 1550 on the small tune. Plenty of power and I picked up a constant couple miles to a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
You will be very happy with the BMS sac nozzles. I put about 100 k on the truck that I had those in. Still running strong. You can cut your pulse back to mid 2000 on the big tune and run around 1550 on the small tune. Plenty of power and I picked up a constant couple miles to a gallon.

Good to hear the positive feedback on the SAC inj Shane, thank you sir. Looks like I'll be going with the 45s here at the first of the year and hopefully they last me.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Add me to the list of Exergy customers being told their injectors were worn out and had metal contamination, with only 20,000 miles.

Subscribed for more long-term info.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Add me to the list of Exergy customers being told their injectors were worn out and had metal contamination, with only 20,000 miles.

Dustin why don't you hop on the SAC style injectors wagon too so I know whether to buy them or not down the road :D

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Is it bad to say I can't wait for mine to crap out on me now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Not really, when mine go I know what will be taking there place. Until then my BOSCH ones are still going strong at almost 80K miles on them. I try not to run it below a 1/4 tank to prevent air intrusion to the fuel, and keep the filterschanged often, not much else. Everything I've read on the SAC's has made me contemplate changing mine out early. Almost bought another truck to put my injectors in, then I could put SAC's back in mine, and sell the other truck to offset the cost of SAC's,

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
Unless you have a lot of pocket change. I always cringe when I see my truck start hazing.
I have 3 that are way higher than 4 on balance rates, I have rough idling in drive and I get a light haze occasionally. I ran the upper engine cleaner from gm through it I have an air dog with a cat adapter on the engine. 3, 1 micron filters and I still have bad injectors after 30k miles. Never get it below 1/4 tank and always use diesel kleen with 2 stroke oil, all filters get changed when oil does wich is every 10k

I was contemplating selling the truck seeing as how it is paid off and 2007s and 08s are affordable with my budget now.

These new injectors just saved this truck from the for sale sign. This is its last chance lol

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I have 3 that are way higher than 4 on balance rates, I have rough idling in drive and I get a light haze occasionally. I ran the upper engine cleaner from gm through it I have an air dog with a cat adapter on the engine. 3, 1 micron filters and I still have bad injectors after 30k miles. Never get it below 1/4 tank and always use diesel kleen with 2 stroke oil, all filters get changed when oil does wich is every 10k

I was contemplating selling the truck seeing as how it is paid off and 2007s and 08s are affordable with my budget now.

These new injectors just saved this truck from the for sale sign. This is its last chance lol

Sounds like they've already failed on you and need replacing.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin

Sounds so familiar! Your not the first one to say that! It's just to bad they operate like that!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Sounds so familiar! Your not the first one to say that! It's just to bad they operate like that!

Found out I wasn't the only one after posting in one of my threads.. Quite a bummer to hear. Lets hope for continuous good news about these nozzles by the time spring shows up!

novaman64

that guy
Jun 18, 2013
Placerville, CA
Subd... Ive been getting 25-40k out of my injectors as well... Just did a set with new lines last spring.. At the rate I go ill be ready in about a year form now or a little less... Be curious to see the results, if not I was weighing selling the truck (which I dont wanna do because its a federal model and I have to deal with CA smog laws) or possibly doing a LLY swap....

Hopefully this is the silver bullet and I can keep my truck. Though I know if I leave my motor and do these injectors ill be doing head gaskets and studs really quick.. hahaha

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl

Exergy does not operate like that. They test and document very set they do and check the original data when they get sent back to be retested. They take pictures as well. Installation contamination probably is the most often cause of premature failures.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Exergy does not operate like that. They test and document very set they do and check the original data when they get sent back to be retested. They take pictures as well. Installation contamination probably is the most often cause of premature failures.

Well it's very funny as how I had two people call this week to order injectors from us and there stories matched to the T!!! Just odd that both people were told the same results from that company....not to mention these were late dmax injectors.