LLY: Rotella T6 good for my duramax

Lb7joezay

Feb 18, 2015
Well I have been using rotella t6 synthetic motor oil on my 05 Chevy Silverado 2500hd lly 210k miles. I live in Texas so it's always hot. What's everybody's input on the oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOBBYDIESEL 14

Dec 2, 2016
I personally like the t6 I noticed my truck seems to run quieter and its reasonably priced and available everywhere. Also more for people in the north it makes a difference starting in cold weather.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

eaust96

Dec 27, 2014
I use it in my lly and I have yet to find an issue with it. Works great even being a thicker oil in a colder area in the winter

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hard to beat delo400 or delvac 1300. The duramax is very easy on oil. If you want to run a syn because it makes you feel good fine, but isn't necessary.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Switched to this from mobil 1 5/40. Works the same and it's cheaper.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Oils cheap insurance imhop... I have always ran t-6 in my truck since new. 100+ in the desert to -40f in alaska my truck has seen some pretty good temp swings. Plus I have a oil temp gauge and honestly it scared me a few times how hot these truck can get 240+. Now I need to work on my oil cooler setup lol.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I change oil twice a year. Cheap Dino oil in the fall for winter time and full syn come spring for summer time. Use to only run rotella. Now I buy rotella, delvac, or delo. What ever is on sale

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
So far it is the ONLY oil I've run that I don't get the typewriter tick with. I was running mobil 1 5w40, but I actually get better oil pressure and no tick with the t6 oil. Nothing against 15w40, but I can't fit full size batteries into mine since it's a swap, and the synthetic helps it to spin over faster with the smaller batteries.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Poor Tom. Been moving threads all night

The frustration I had with taking a fall and twisting my ankle/ messing my knee up had me a bit angry Thurs night. :eek: Guess it came out in that post.

But I have noticed that people on Tapatalk have more trouble finding the correct section than those on computer.

Oh yeah, Ive used Rotella (syn or dino) since I bought BBT. Racing, towing, regular driving, its never let me down. Change in spring and fall.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
The frustration I had with taking a fall and twisting my ankle/ messing my knee up had me a bit angry Thurs night. :eek: Guess it came out in that post.

But I have noticed that people on Tapatalk have more trouble finding the correct section than those on computer.

Oh yeah, Ive used Rotella (syn or dino) since I bought BBT. Racing, towing, regular driving, its never let me down. Change in spring and fall.

Uh oh! Hope you're okay.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

I'll trade you. I go in on the 26th for shoulder surgery. The place that read my mri read it wrong, said I had a cyst, went for a 2nd opinion, and turns out I have a 16mm tear in my rotator cuff. Been dealing with it for 3 months because they said it was just a cyst. That's not counting the 12 bad discs in my back(unrepaireable they tell me), my other shoulder, bad hip, bad knees, and bad ankles.