Roll coal call out by ford owner

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
So do giant fart can exhaust tips IMO but lots of guys run them. At least Halo's or similar are functional.

Like stacks, lift kits on mall cruisers, etc etc...

Diesels, new age ricer.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I guess it depends on where you live and what you do with your truck.
I use mine for work. I'm always in mud sometimes up to and past the frame with a 6" lift, and the country I run in has a LOT of deer and moose so most guys run light bars and bush bumpers for extra protection and light. It's standard procedure around these parts.

For a city truck, or pavement princess that doesn't see alot of miles or tow the lift and light bars aren't really needed IMO other than for looks. Stacks have their place too. Hood stacks are great for saving weight on a drag truck. .

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Yea, I think we gotta take things like that with a grain of salt and here is why: I have LED halos in my truck, I also have 20in wheels and mud tires. My truck is waxed and cleaned almost all the time. However, Its also running dual pumps, 100 overs and a 68mm. Ive won multiple trophies at car shows but also love to dirt drag(avatar) Sled pull, I drive it in the snow and love to drive on the beach. So really my truck is an all around rig, Not ricer by far but some out there definitely are! Everything is a matter of opinion these days and we just have to accept that.

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Dont get me started on the Carolina squat....sheesh, seen a bunch of that garbage all weekend at NOPI:confused:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
This is it... there were like 40 of them there...

Attachments

• squat.jpg
    squat.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 134

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Man, let me tell you! These 10yr olds were on point! "Shutting the place down" with their "Carolina flossin" and "carolina Lurkin". Literally, i remember watching the one kid kept pushing his oakleys up on his face because they were to big! They had to be 12 at the most! Drinking their budlights lol. Light bars, stickers, and half a lift kit.. oh and glass packs with fishtail tips out the back on all of them
But Hey, I got best in class so i was cool with that :thumb:

Attachments

• mamba6.jpg
    mamba6.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 143

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Not sure how halos are functional but like I said everyone has there preference. I run am going to run a light bar in the grill because I'm scared of the dark. Everything can be done tastefully. But like anything else most dick beaters take it to the extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
well, out here its not called the "california squat", its "prerunner style" or "brodozers" but they also usually have a truck that looks a lot like my limo. glass front fenders, pulled bed sides, rear lower than the front, ect. mine sits this way but it has a functional reason, not just a "look" but its also not jacked up 8" in the front and stock in the rear. its a 1" rake difference between front and rear.

i also hate light bars, not because everyone and their brother has them, but because as far as light out put and cost, they suck ass. unless you buy a legit Rigid light bar like you see on TT trucks, your not getting half the light a good set of off road HID lights can output. the light bars make for good flood lights but thats as far as id use them. ill be ditching my light bar on the front bumper of my truck to go back to 3 HIDs at some point. when your in the middle of the desert or sand trying to recover a vehicle at night, you need the light.

i dont mind the halos, if they are well done and tastfully match the truck, i think they look good.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Up here DRL's are mandatory so lots of guys run Halo's as their DRL's when they upgrade their light housings.
That and the new trucks have LED strips for DRL's stock so not sure what the problem is with them.

As far as lightbars go most guys run Rigid or Cree up here and trust me they throw some serious light!!! The cheap chinese ones, not so much.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
well, out here its not called the "california squat", its "prerunner style" or "brodozers" but they also usually have a truck that looks a lot like my limo. glass front fenders, pulled bed sides, rear lower than the front, ect. mine sits this way but it has a functional reason, not just a "look" but its also not jacked up 8" in the front and stock in the rear. its a 1" rake difference between front and rear.

i also hate light bars, not because everyone and their brother has them, but because as far as light out put and cost, they suck ass. unless you buy a legit Rigid light bar like you see on TT trucks, your not getting half the light a good set of off road HID lights can output. the light bars make for good flood lights but thats as far as id use them. ill be ditching my light bar on the front bumper of my truck to go back to 3 HIDs at some point. when your in the middle of the desert or sand trying to recover a vehicle at night, you need the light.

i dont mind the halos, if they are well done and tastfully match the truck, i think they look good.

Just out of couriosity what's the squats functionality? I've seen a lot of prerunners with a squatted stance but never new why.