Radio stays on after key out and door open

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Lock actuator switch. It has 2 wiring connections, and an arm that is springloaded (soft spring) with a rubber bumper looking thing on it that sences when the door is opened. Over time, grease/roadgrime build up and it doesn't release.

A few other issues I seen listed were the pins in the wiring broke free and no longer made contact.

I'll be thouroughly cleaning everything. You have to take off the door panel and remove the actual locking mechanism to change it. So be a good time to clean and regrease everything.+

746-017 is part# for driver side front/rear 746-011 is from pass front/rear.

Thanks, one more thing I have to keep an eye on

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Just finished, took about 30 minutes give or take.

The switch will come with 4 little push in locks. Replace them as your old ones will probably be full of play when you move the bars around. There is other ones that the other end of the bar goes through and the plastics flips over and snaps on it.

(One end of the bar is a smooth surface and the other has a grove to lock into the small plastic connectors. Makes it easier to reassemble if you forget which one goes where.)

I started by removing door cover, then remove the bar end at the inside handle and pull the lock bar out of its channels. Then remove the 3 torqz bolt holding the door mech in place. move it around. I removed the outside door handle to make it easier, it has 10mm nuts holding it in place one on each end, and one in the middle bottom.

The switch itself only has 2 small torqz screws holding it on. Their is a white sleeve that you will need to remove and reglue onto the new switch. It is for the lock to sense what position its in.....clean and reapply dielectric grease.

I soaked mine real good in simple green and scrubbed what I could reach and sprayed it out with water.

Reassemble and you should be good to go. I cycled about 20 times inside the cab and it shut off everytime.

Pics are new switch and new switch w/old full assemly.

Attachments

• 20130908_145721.jpg
    20130908_145721.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20130908_152630.jpg
    20130908_152630.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 114

Snichols243

Aug 15, 2012
Columbia Mo
Ya I have read about the switch, but I figure if it was the switch my dome lights would do the same.... they shut down after my door is shut like they should.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
There is 2 pieces to it, The actual switch and 2-3" hollow square tube with a slide inside that makes contact. Not sure what it controls, maybe the lights. My light on the door was burnt out, so I don't know if the light was going out or not, can't remember now.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
My truck actually did this the other day...odd.

I cant reproduce it on command, but hopefully next time it happens ill have the Tech 2 with me so I can read out live data of door positions, ignition switch status etc and narrow it down...

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
My truck actually did this the other day...odd.

I cant reproduce it on command, but hopefully next time it happens ill have the Tech 2 with me so I can read out live data of door positions, ignition switch status etc and narrow it down...

Mine was the same way, and got worse and worse until it did it everytime.

Jonesin33

Aug 26, 2011
TX
Mine has done this about 4 times in the last 6 months... It is odd

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Junkman

Sep 13, 2013
My 2007 2500 just started doing this yesterday. Stereo and dome lights stay on when any door is opened. Could that still be the driver door latch? Thanks for the help!

abuen

Mar 8, 2011
I just ran into the something similar. I open door and my step goes down like normal. That tells me the switch in door latch is working. If I open the rear door the radio turns off. I started looking into this and hooked up buddies tech2. The DDM had a bunch of codes as well as BCM. He did a relearn and all started working right.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
ACDelco part numbers if you do not like Dorman parts.

ACDelco 11P4 Professional Driver Side Door Lock Actuator

ACDelco 11P5 Professional Passenger Side Door Lock Actuator

lockner13

Aug 17, 2013
Mine was a bad radio, went to a double din dvd/nav and haven't looked back lol. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

edistojon1

Aug 20, 2017
03 d max just did the same thing on me. Cut the truck on and cycled through gears back to park and turned off. Everything shut off just fine. Have no idea what it could be other than bcm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
I had this problem on my LLY. I was able to fix it by replacing my ignition switch. I had a few other BCM related issues that went away either by replacing the switch, or by removing my edge evolution CTS2. Not sure how it fixed it, but I didn't have any of these issues until I installed the programmer.