PSN goes FNG?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Rumor has it that PowerStrokeNation diesel forum sold out to Autoforums?

Will the last enthusiast board on the web please turn off the lights when you leave?
:mad:

Diesel Bombers sold out awhile back also.

On Edit, wasn't AF, Internet Brands IIRC..

tysmith

ZF-6
Aug 29, 2008
I like being able to link to Neiman Marcus and Ann Taylor while keeping up with the latest in the performance diesel truck world. Tell me I'm not the only one... :rofl:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
:rofl:
I think if it ever got to a point where it were too expensive we would all keep this place afloat somehow.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
:rofl:
I think if it ever got to a point where it were too expensive we would all keep this place afloat somehow.

That's the thing. If you NEED that much server power because you have that much activity, you're going to have the "people power" to have vendors on the site paying to advertise.. And I promise you it doesn't take $80,000 a year to run a site..

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't think it has anything to do with operation expenses IMO Auto Forums flashes enough money in the owners face that its to good to not take it.

AF is like the Walmart of the Internet. They move in and swallow up all the Mom and Pop operations. There is good money in all the advertisement they flood the sites with over and above regular vendors which are stuck competing with the likes of no over head ,no customer service,basement dweller sellers.

It's tougher and tougher but all you can do is boycott their sites. Thats what I do the hell with them.

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
I have a hard time believing 99% of anyone on this board or any other wouldnt take a large stack of cash for a forum. I hate to tell ya but if I was busy all the time with work (like I already am) trying to start a family, etc then I get offered enough cash to make my jaw drop for an internet website... ummm..... yeah I'd be out in a heartbeat. I cant stand websites owned by autoforums either, not because of the ads (I just ignore them) but because all the actual quality tech stops being posted (like DP.com)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Kat, Rob, and I have been members/mods/admins on various car/truck boards for over a decade. We've seen the parade, when a board gets sold to an ad agency, it goes to hell.

When an "enthusiast" does that to his fellow enthusiasts when he knows that the board will go to hell, he's a tool. It's not a money thing or we'd all be driving Camrys. We do this because we are passionate about cars/trucks.

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
Kat, Rob, and I have been members/mods/admins on various car/truck boards for over a decade. We've seen the parade, when a board gets sold to an ad agency, it goes to hell.

When an "enthusiast" does that to his fellow enthusiasts when he knows that the board will go to hell, he's a tool. It's not a money thing or we'd all be driving Camrys. We do this because we are passionate about cars/trucks.

I wouldn't feel right about it but if I was the owner of a valuable site and the time was right I'd sell. In the end this is just the internet and a fella needs to put his family, himself, and the rest of his buisness first. Anyone who knows me will tell you anything automotive related is my passion I am into it many hours a day everyday of the week no matter where I am but again I'd take the opportunity to better my family.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Well, I guess the "time is right" is 4 years. That's how long PSN lasted. Well, almost 4 years. I have socks older than 4 years. Heck, all but one of our vehicles is older than that.

Kat, Rob, and I consider the members here "family", and by running this site, we are in fact "helping our family".

There are a lot ways we are different from many sites, but one of them is commercialization. We turn down vendors unless they will improve the site for the Dmax hotrodders. The purpose of the site has nothing to do with money.

Guess we will see. Technology changes things. Web forums might not even exist in 20 years. But as long as there are folk interested in racing their Dmaxes who want to exchange notes and friendship on a web forum, we will be here.