Project "Might As Well"

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
39eb53bd2dbc261a587513d82ff5e503.jpg

Reunited! I'll get a couple of videos this afternoon. It's on a low level tune until I change the oil and get the DSP5 switch installed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Anybody want to trade stock bed/bumper plus some cash for the flatbed and winch bumper?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I show you the duramax math link, and suddenly you're dropping weight like a wrestler before a match. Lol

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
What do you want for the winch? I'd take the bed too but I have short bed syndrome. And I have a huge ridiculous bumper already.
I'll think about it. I'd prefer not to separate the winch and the bumper since the bumper is made for that specific winch. It's a Warn PowerPlant HD 12k with built in air compressor. They mount by the foot rather than the face. When I get real serious about actually doing it, I'll post good pics and details.
I show you the duramax math link, and suddenly you're dropping weight like a wrestler before a match. Lol
Haha...I'd been considering it ever since leaving Alaska, but the ET calculator basically sealed the deal!

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Anybody had belt issues with a SoCal damper? I've chewed up 2 belts. At first I thought it was possibly pulley alignment on the dual fueler, but that's spot on. The problem is down on the balancer, after a few miles of driving it shifts the belt to the rear by one groove, and pushes the belt up onto the edge of the balancer, which eventually ruins the inside edge of the belt and shreds it.

Are there different pulley offsets for the different engine types? I.e., did they send me an LXX instead of LMM balancer? Possible that it's not installed all the way onto the snout? Any way to check that without pulling the balancer bolt out?

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
I should also clarify that it's got a new LML crank, but the balancer and flexplate were lmm-spec, both from SoCal.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm fabbing a project for my buddy that's a GM mechanic this morning. Drop it by for him to eyeball and maybe he will have the answer. When my other buddy drops in later he's a GM master tech, so he can check it too.

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Wally, unfortunately I'm in new Mexico now.

I'm not sure if the PS pulley was removed or not. I'd doubt it, though. Guy Tripp is going to get a balancer measurement for me tomorrow to make sure the balancer is located properly before I go any further with diagnosis.