problems with my truck

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
So when I bought my truck over a year ago, every time I hit the brakes at 45 mph, the truck would shake a little, almost like the rotors were warped. Well soon after I got the truck I replaced the front rotors and pads. Its still shaking a little at 45 mph when I hit the brakes, only now its getting worse. I already had to replace the passengers side wheel hub. I did the brakes at 100k, now its got 110k on it. AND my steering wheel is still shaking when I hit bumps I already replaced the whole entire steering knuckle on it. Anyone have any idea why my truck is still shaking during braking? Ball joints, wheel hubs? Someone told me about putting a stablizer bar on the truck? Any input is greatly appreciate. Thanks

rob

oh, and something new it started doing the other day, when I turn the steering wheel over half way, it feels like something is hitting somewhere under there. I can feel it on my gas pedal.....I got under the truck, didnt find anything, looked under the dash, still nothing....

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Pitman and idlers
wheel bearing
if trucks lifted check subframe and all components to make sure they're tight

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw it's a body lift. Sorry I'm on my iPhone. So just check pitman and idler. If you haven't done the other hub I'm sure you need to

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
Thanks, I am going to jack it up after work and see if the other hub is bad. I have already started getting prices for a new one, since I was a dumbass and went to the stealership to get the last one.....paid almost $600.00 for it!!! The pitman arm was replaced soon after I got the truck as well.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Thanks, I am going to jack it up after work and see if the other hub is bad. I have already started getting prices for a new one, since I was a dumbass and went to the stealership to get the last one.....paid almost $600.00 for it!!! The pitman arm was replaced soon after I got the truck as well.

Rob,

There are are a couple of different part numbers at the end of this thread :D

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
the whole front of the truck shakes when I brake. Usually from 45mph and down. I can feel it in my steering wheel as well...the rubbing on the gas pedal has only done it a few times, most of the time when its hot outside.

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
How is your alignement? Also the clunking "hitting something" feeling could be steering shaf if it has never been in for the recall.

my alignment is off, pulls to the right, but very very slightly.....had the alignment done not too long ago....well right after I replaced the wheel hub.

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
Also could be a bad wheel or tire.Is the vibration only when you brake? Not at any certain crusin speed?

Its done this ever since I got the truck, its just getting worse now. Even with the new wheels and tires...I rotate the tires every time I change the oil too.

Last edited:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
wait, it almost cleared up when you did brakes? did you use good parts or auto zone crap? I've seen china rotors wobble right from the box.

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
I used autozone brake rotors I believe or maybe it was advanced.....I still have the stock ones in my garage, and they did it too....well as far as I know they are stock.

Last edited:

HASTINGSRJ

May 6, 2008
Franklin MA
I wonder if I should pull those rotors off and have them turned? See if that does it. But when I swapped them the first time, it still shook like its doing now, just not as bad.