Pretty Neat Additive Video from YouTube

HWI

Feb 7, 2016
FL
I was pretty surprised by hot shot. I talked a lot of trash about that additive in the past. I know some 6.0 Ford guys that swear by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their oil additives are pointless for a Duramax, but their fuel additives are pretty good. I switch it up between Optilube and Hot Shots, they work equally well for me.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Optilube is the first additive that I have personally seen real world gains with along with my customers.

What kind of gains?

If you want a good lubricity test, look up the lubricity test Spicer (username not manufacturer) did on DieselPlace a few years ago. It was very inclusive of what was available at the time and did use the HFRR method. I don't believe HotShot's Secret was used because it either wasn't around at the time or wasn't widely known about.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What kind of gains?

If you want a good lubricity test, look up the lubricity test Spicer (username not manufacturer) did on DieselPlace a few years ago. It was very inclusive of what was available at the time and did use the HFRR method. I don't believe HotShot's Secret was used because it either wasn't around at the time or wasn't widely known about.

That write up Spicer did is nothing short of spectacular and arguably one of the most in depth tests I've seen. Being that it was done in 2007 means there have been plenty of new products to hit the market but still offers a darn good base to go by and to compare to.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
47869d1501301672-what-is-the-best-fuel-additive-fueladditivestudy.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That write up Spicer did is nothing short of spectacular and arguably one of the most in depth tests I've seen. Being that it was done in 2007 means there have been plenty of new products to hit the market but still offers a darn good base to go by and to compare to.
The thing is most it not all of the additives have changed their formulation by now. Optilube has a different manufacturer even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The thing is most it not all of the additives have changed their formulation by now. Optilube has a different manufacturer even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Agreed, especially with our ever changing fuels/market demands. If only we as a community could pool together and do some testing..............

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
What kind of gains?

Mileage. My lml got 9.5mpg towing my enclosed without additive. With optilube I'm getting 11-11.5. Also have yet have had a customer gel up running it.