PPEI Next On The Chopping Block???

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Time for some out of country corporations. Problem is, street inspections are going to grow. I've already seen tank dipping on 3500's on the freeway.:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Considering EFILive was told to change their software to sell here, I think the EPA has a farther reach than just America's shores now. Will be interesting if the aftermarket parts industry gets together to fight this directive.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Yeah the server crashed or something. I got an email about it early yesterday. Not related to this, according to the email I got anyway

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It was a "Denial of Services" attack on my Hosting Companies Server.

I had been getting spammed by Russian Junk Emails all week, apparently the Russians think I have Nuclear Codes or something.

It should be back up when they sort the issues out, it was scheduled for upgrades this weekend, but I guess the Russians got to it first...........:thumb:

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
This whole epa crack down sure comes in bad timing for me. I finally pickup a reg cab lbz I'm gonna build. Planning on swapping a few parts from my.lmm but unsure what direction I'm heading with the lbz. Kinda of want to triple turbo it and make it go fast. But I'm have tempted to buy a few different tunes now while I still can in preparation for the future.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Looks like I need to pick up that spare V2 and laptop I found. With efilive forcing us to update software to get new vin licenses(which they promised to never do), they could be forced by the epa to disable things in an update, and cut us off like hptuners did there customers(and not even want to do it to us). At least if I have a backup, I could update one to add licenses, and keep one frozen in time. I seen the writing on the wall a few years back and I'm glad I got out when I did.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Considering EFILive was told to change their software to sell here, I think the EPA has a farther reach than just America's shores now. Will be interesting if the aftermarket parts industry gets together to fight this directive.

Would not surprise me if the federal government shut down EFI live or motor ops.

The DOJ raided Kim dotcoms house in New Zealand, they went after the creators of.pirate bay too. All people who were operating out of country and always have been.

Although it was a very difficult process I know Kim dotcom was basically let off the hook after a costly lengthy legal fight. But assuming if the same thing happens to any company like efi live, it would be enough to shut down the doors.

The federal government doesn't mess around and will bankrupt these companies if they can't pin them with anything.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
This whole epa crack down sure comes in bad timing for me. I finally pickup a reg cab lbz I'm gonna build. Planning on swapping a few parts from my.lmm but unsure what direction I'm heading with the lbz. Kinda of want to triple turbo it and make it go fast. But I'm have tempted to buy a few different tunes now while I still can in preparation for the future.

Nothing to worry about with LBZ....continue your build as planned.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
How is our lbz,s any different They are equipped with EGR cooler /valve/Cadillac converter, I could see a lb7 being ok out of the radar but not 01-07 As much as I would like them to be

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I got my tune off the dark web. LOL....

a8bc1fc48a25ba90a31b0d97019f08d0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’m sure Kory will be doing a derringer type product like Banks is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us

I think everyone should email EPA Director Andrew Wheeler with the subject title ; Support Coal Rolling

This Columbus Ohio native doesn't believe in climate change, and spent his previous 10yrs before becoming the head of EPA as a lobbyist for the coal industry.

From His Wikipedia Page
From 2009 until 2017, Wheeler was a lobbyist in the law firm Faegre Baker Daniels' energy and natural resources practice.[18][19] Since 2009, he represented the coal producer Murray Energy,[20] privately owned by Robert E. Murray, a supporter of President Trump.[21] Murray Energy was Wheeler's best-paying client, paying more than $300,000 during the period 2009-2017.[3] Wheeler lobbied against the Obama administration's climate regulations for power plants and also sought to persuade the Energy Department to subsidize coal plants.[2] Wheeler set up a meeting between Murray and Energy Secretary Rick Perry in March 2017; at the meeting, Murray advocated for the rollback of environmental regulations and for protections for the coal industry.[3][22]

I'd say best odds of keeping the Offroad exemption is with this yahoo and the current administration. If not, plan on buying your tunes outa China next year. Cause bet your ass someone over there will pick up the slack. Supply and demand my friends..

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Would not surprise me if the federal government shut down EFI live or motor ops.

The DOJ raided Kim dotcoms house in New Zealand, they went after the creators of.pirate bay too. All people who were operating out of country and always have been.

Although it was a very difficult process I know Kim dotcom was basically let off the hook after a costly lengthy legal fight. But assuming if the same thing happens to any company like efi live, it would be enough to shut down the doors.

The federal government doesn't mess around and will bankrupt these companies if they can't pin them with anything.

EFILive stopped writing/including options for tampering with emissions controls back in 15 when the EPA contacted them. I could see them taking out the ability to write your own .cax files in the future, and with them forcing you to update to get new vin licenses, you would be forced to accept it(hence why I'm thinking of picking up a 2nd unit so I can keep 1 in the past, and 1 current in case I need another VIN license). So I think they're safe.

I guess you don't remember a year or so ago where LBZ/LMM got all the emissions tables left out "accidentally". At 1st they said they weren't going to fix it, but let's say a NASTY thread got going within 24 hours on there forum, and the features were put back in.

Anybody who is shocked by this has to have been living under a rock. When the encrypted L5P got tuned, doesn't matter that it cost a bundle to get a custom ECM essentially to do it, it was going to raise the eyebrows of some very high level people. And when all those youtube vids started popping up of the "locked down" L5P being deleted showed up in wholesale fashion ALL saying where to go to get it, it was only a matter of time before the inevitable was going to occur.

You can't thumb your nose at the EPA, while shooting them a bird, and yelling at them to kiss your @$$ all the while advertising how you did it, AND who provided the means to do it without blow back.

It was back in May when it was posted here and several of us said the EPA was just given a road map of who to bust. Start at post 863
https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77372&page=58
https://youtu.be/sL35XcCd1-w

Last edited: