Porting/Polishing LLY Turbo

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Thanks bud.

I've never personally heard a cheetah or a 4094 to my knowledge. But I do have a buddy with a 6.0 and we both think I sounds very similar. And his has a 4" exhaust an I swear it is the loudest whistling 6.0 I ve heard.

Sweet, an in-cab video would be awesome if you can find the time/desire!

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Hmm, I suppose the turbine cover has a bit to due with sound as well. Seems a bit quieter than a 03 PS. Then again, could very well be the camera mic.

I've noticed most of the sound comes from how you modify the exhaust housing. The compressor wheel does a play part but I think the machine does more.

Yellowchevy

ZMVallo

Aug 17, 2017
Are you still working? I've got an LLY that I'd like ported/polished, vanes and a Wicked Wheel... if so, shoot me a PM and we'll talk numbers. Thanks, boss!

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Ive also been interested. I was wondering if you can open the compressor side up to take a little larger wheel? Is stock 60mm? Is 64 out of the question? Not sure, trying to find out but serching the forum for this info takes alot of digging (cause of how old posts are).

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
Yes. You can open up the compressor side for a bigger wheel. Russell built an LBZ turbo for me and it works well. He ported and polished, put a 10 blade turbine wheel, and a 63 mm compressor wheel in mine. It's in my LMM DD tow rig that still has a stock trans so I run pretty small tow tunes. (The stock turbo failed and I can't leave anything stock so I upgraded given the opportunity )