Porting/Polishing LLY Turbo

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
in case i missed it, were there any reductions in EGTs doing these mods? im very interested in doing this, mainly to help airflow, and lower my EGTs.. the truck runs great as it is, but the EGTs seem to run a little hotter than i want them to..

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
in case i missed it, were there any reductions in EGTs doing these mods? im very interested in doing this, mainly to help airflow, and lower my EGTs.. the truck runs great as it is, but the EGTs seem to run a little hotter than i want them to..

IIRC i saw about a 50* drop going from stock to the batmowheel/rebuilt/ported and polished turbo.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
That sounds about right James from what others have commented to me.

What I really noticed was how quick the EGT's would drop when you would let out of the throttle, that was going from bone stock to ported/polished turbo with stock wheel.

One more thing I need to remember when I do my testing!! ;)

Yellowchevy

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Who's truck is that? I live out that way, I noticed the marathon station @ 37/70 at the beginning of the video, and the MPW plant. Truck sounds good, don't think I've seen it before.

malar24

May 14, 2012
NE Ohio
Who's truck is that? I live out that way, I noticed the marathon station @ 37/70 at the beginning of the video, and the MPW plant. Truck sounds good, don't think I've seen it before.

Its mine. I shot this video after I left Import faceoff at national trails here a couple weeks ago.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
What's the garret high flow turbine? I assume a 10 blade turbine from a powerstroke?

Correct, it's just the powerstoke 6.0 turbine wheel.

ryan415 said:
I'd like to get some more info on the drop in TCT wheels if possible.

The TCT is only available for the LLY's as a drop in replacement for OEM. One for the LB7, LBZ, LMM, or LML is not available yet.
Bullseye's sheet says it provides 70hp over stock with a max effort horsepower of 728hp.

Yellowchevy

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Very cool, I've been debating on getting a core LLY charger to rebuild and play with. Thanks for the info :thumb:

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Hmm, I suppose the turbine cover has a bit to due with sound as well. Seems a bit quieter than a 03 PS. Then again, could very well be the camera mic.

malar24

May 14, 2012
NE Ohio
That's a really sharp lookin truck

Thanks bud.

I've never personally heard a cheetah or a 4094 to my knowledge. But I do have a buddy with a 6.0 and we both think I sounds very similar. And his has a 4" exhaust an I swear it is the loudest whistling 6.0 I ve heard.