Poll time!!

And the Answer IS!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I love my lmm interior. You can't tell me any obs has this kind of luxury. Also the obs leather is always cracking and is very plasticy.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You're kidding, right? :rofl:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Have you been paying attention Tom? Trumps pick to lead the epa is one of its staunchest opponents. He public stated that he wants to end mandates that hold back us industry. Diesel emissions mandates have hampered growth and caused manufactures great expense, why do you think trucks cost so much now? Not to mention everything else in the country affected by trucking. Now there are studies that have been done that proove the new emmisions equipment actually cause more harmful emissions. The particals are broken down so small that they now linger for hours instead of minutes and can be absorbed thru skin. Before after treatment the heavier particals would quickly settle to the ground and no longer be a concern. It seems as though the dpf mandates were all about money, the company that ownes the technology was the largest lobbiest for the new emissions standards. Basically, we were saddled with unnecessary emissions standards to line the pockets of Washington lobbiests, senators and those whom manufacture the emissions parts and pieces...

I hope the epa gets a makeover, they don't do any cost analysis before issuing mandates. They just throw wrenches into the machine and walk away...

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Agreed...... GM quit making nice trucks in 07, started making nice trucks again in 15.5.....

Sorry in advance to those of you who will surely be offended. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more, my 06 loaded work truck I had a much softer leather and "solid" feel to the interior. My 11 was the same trim, but rattled and creaked and leather was hard and plastic feeling. The 16 Denali I just traded was the nicest I've set in by far! Wish my 06 had those seats

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I have my 05 with like 100,3xx miles on it and also have a bone stock 2009 gas 2500hd of the same trim level and 80k miles. I have far less creaks and rattles in my 05 which has been disassembled a million times, leveled, lowered, raced, beaten etc. I love the power of the LML in stock form but wouldn't consider spending the money on one unless it was 15.5 or 16.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I love my lmm interior. You can't tell me any obs has this kind of luxury. Also the obs leather is always cracking and is very plasticy.

Yep, LMM has the more modern look/comforts, but isn't "new". I like the cockpit way more.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
Is this even a question? I have 215k miles on my LBZ. The week I bought it I got an intake, exhaust and Crazy Larry (for those of you who remember). Been pushing more and more power since. I'd tell you everything that was still stock but I'd have to knock on wood. ;)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
fXXX! lol i was waiting for you of you hybrid jobs to show up...LL7 lives matter bla bla bla :rofl::hug:

:roflmao::roflmao: well when you are the best of the best, its understandable why you get left off a poll. its already well known :D:D

I have my 05 with like 100,3xx miles on it and also have a bone stock 2009 gas 2500hd of the same trim level and 80k miles. I have far less creaks and rattles in my 05 which has been disassembled a million times, leveled, lowered, raced, beaten etc. I love the power of the LML in stock form but wouldn't consider spending the money on one unless it was 15.5 or 16.

i agree. my 02 has no creaks or rattles in it with 206k on it. hell i just finally replaced the seat covers and foam on the driver seat. the rest is mint! no cracks, no tears, no saggy headliner, everything inside works (including lights), has floor lights (unlike 03 and up), cabin air filter, and really is comfortable to me. the only truck that made me think different was my dads 15.5. Glad GM finally changed things up for the better

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I get no creaks or rattles from my lmm. My interior is amazing and my leather is holding up great. My truck has 145k on it. I had a 05 gmc halfton before and shit was always freaking in that, it was an extended cab though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I get no creaks or rattles from my lmm. My interior is amazing and my leather is holding up great. My truck has 145k on it. I had a 05 gmc halfton before and shit was always freaking in that, it was an extended cab though.

you may have a rare one that doesnt make noise then. every one i have been in has had a noise or creak at a certain rpm or speed. one guy had more paper sticking out of his dash than plastic trying to quiet the dash from vibrating :roflmao:

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I DD a 2015 High Country I bought this March and totally Luv it but I also have my LBZ after work weekend warrior that I totally enjoy as well .

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
It is all about that LB7 simplicity. The injectors are a bit harder to change, but basically no emissions and cheap parts more than make up for it. That and the RoadRunner ECU makes tuning a dream on that motor! You can have my LB7 when you pry the keys from my cold, dead hands.

and thats where i disagree, i feel like the interior on the lmm feels cheap and the OBS seats are definitely more comfortable hands down
I agree 1000 times
If it's not obs it's 15.5+
Nothing in between.
Agreed...... GM quit making nice trucks in 07, started making nice trucks again in 15.5.....
All this ^^^ here as well. 2003-2007 Classic was just a fantastic interior. Haven't seen the 2015.5 in person yet, so can't comment.
2003 with 314k miles on it, interior been apart numerous times, and only the rare rattle on rough off-roading. Never rattles on pavement, and just feels more "at home" / "in command" in terms of dash layout to me than the new stuff. My 2013 Cruze has 1000x the rattles of my 2003, and the stupid car has less than 60k on it.
Glad yours is holding up well. I will agree the leather seems nicer on the newer ones, but the seats aren't comfortable to me. My leather has been patched once, and probably due again. The advantage of the "plastic-feeling" leather is you can clean anything off of it ;)

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

Yea mine looked great at 140k too. Wait another 3 years and 50k+ miles

novaman64

that guy
Jun 18, 2013
Placerville, CA
Love my LB7 because no smog equipment on it, specially here in CA. Wouldnt trade it in for the world. Leather heated seats during the winter and cold air during the summer are all I need. Just went up 2" with it, and with the built tranny still puts a ear to ear grin on my face when I drive it, which is daily.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I'll stick with the older trucks, someone else took the big $ hit on them and I definitely don't want a truck mortgage payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk