Please help…Lml with sdp compound turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Ok so here goes. I couldn’t pass on the deal I got on this truck, what I inherited is a lml with sdp compound turbo set up. From what I can tell for most part the work that was done was done well. Here’s my problem…I’m sure you’re all aware but on a stock lml there is an inlet air heater that is inline with the turbo intake. When they installed this set up they just left the heater hanging by the wires. I might add I got it sight unseen and was mislead to believe it was finished (I know I know 🤦🏻 it was a really good deal) I didn’t know I’d have to finish a build. So back to the inlet air heater, luckily I caught it before it got cold enough to turn on because it was literally laying on the wiring harness. Now that winter is here when I started the truck the thing glowed cherry red…couldn’t have that so I used a hose clamp and clamped it to the inlet pipe and unhooked the ground. This worked to keep it from heating up but now it throws codes and looks all fucked up. I’m scared to completely unhook it and remove it because I don’t know what will happen. Will it go into a limp mode? Although it doesn’t seem to affect the performance of the truck I’d really like to not have it throwing codes and triggering the check engine light to come on. The truck came with an ezlynk tuner can a technician tune the heater out of the ecm? Any of you guys have experience with this one? Anyone know anyone that has built a lml with the same turbo set up?…I thought about trying to keep it and put it inline where it’s supposed to go but that would take some serious fabrication by someone that isn’t me. Anyone know someone that can figure out how to put it inline?
Lay it on me what are my options?

Attachments

• D84079C7-6618-4A78-AD17-80F44FBD2476.jpeg
    D84079C7-6618-4A78-AD17-80F44FBD2476.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
What I think is that they didn’t know what to do with it that’s why they ran a new positive from the firewall and a ground to the frame then to the heater so the check engine light wasn’t on when they sold it…hence the blue wires?…

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Have your tuner fix the tune for no intake heater. It will burn out, if it doesn't catch your truck on fire first, without air flow over it

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Just like your other thread, You are not going to get any help here.

The EzLynk product states the following no matter who the technician is.
  • This product is not capable of supporting any vehicle in which the emissions equipment has been removed or disabled

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Might I add I don’t have a tuner as there were issues transferring the tunes from the previous owner…don’t know what to do

• This product is not capable of supporting any vehicle in which the emissions equipment has been removed or disabled
Thanks for your douche bag response, I bet you got hard jumping on an opportunity to say that…I know what it says but we all know that’s bullshit…the epa isn’t going to waste their time with someone who programs the heater out of the equation…and your already wrong, reading the response from someone who actually wanted to help told me it can be tuned around…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bdsankey

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I understand this is a separate issue from your previous plea for tuning help, but as said before....nobody in the USA tunes diesel trucks any more. We gave you as much advice as we can in that other thread.
PPEI might help you, or might be able to guide you (IF Kori is still doing anything diesel related).....but I doubt it. You are going to have to do the legwork on this yourself.

...and yes, the EPA DID waste their time going after EVERYONE who tuned diesel trucks. They even made up fake accounts on diesel forums and asked questions similar to yours to find said tuners. We live in fascist times.

Serious question: Why in the world would you buy a seriously hopped up truck when you obviously dont know the first thing about diesel performance or the parts involved?

Reactions: DAVe3283

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Removing the heater will result in a check engine light, should be no reduced power resulting from it. I think a check engine light on your dash is much better option than leaving it hooked up & burning the truck down.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
I understand this is a separate issue from your previous plea for tuning help, but as said before....nobody in the USA tunes diesel trucks any more. We gave you as much advice as we can in that other thread.
PPEI might help you, or might be able to guide you (IF Kori is still doing anything diesel related).....but I doubt it. You are going to have to do the legwork on this yourself.

...and yes, the EPA DID waste their time going after EVERYONE who tuned diesel trucks. They even made up fake accounts on diesel forums and asked questions similar to yours to find said tuners. We live in fascist times.

Serious question: Why in the world would you buy a seriously hopped up truck when you obviously dont know the first thing about diesel performance or the parts involved?
My apologies for a dick head response to your comment i was out of line and can admit it…I’m the one who made a douche bag comment…I was bamboozled and mislead to believe I was getting something I didn’t. I got it and wanted it for the same reasons anyone else would. I was supposed to get a finished product professionally built tuned and supported truck that I could tune to my liking depending on what I am using it for I tow in the mountains drive in town and put on 300+ highway miles a week And maybe if the tune programs worked out I would have. Maybe there never was any I’ll probably never know. Even with the issues I think and feel like i got it for a pretty good deal even if I have to iron a few things out and finish it. You’re right I’m not that savvy on diesel performance but I’m pretty mechanically inclined and want to be and think I can be. I either need some help or I need to figure out if I should bow out and sell it to someone who can take it on.(if that’s you I might could make you a helluva deal…let’s talk)
that’s why I’m here. I’m open for other suggestions as well if I am in the wrong place I need to know and could use some pointing in the right direction. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
You could extend the wires and submerge it in the fuel tank. This would be a dual benefit. It would keep the check engine light off, and it would help prevent gelled fuel during cold winter days.
Maybe I should. I’ve got full coverage

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
Removing the heater will result in a check engine light, should be no reduced power resulting from it. I think a check engine light on your dash is much better option than leaving it hooked up & burning the truck down.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I agree. I unhooked it I only let it heat up like the picture once to see what it was going to do.

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver

I apologized to the wrong mofo. It’s you that I need to give apologies to for a dick head response to your comment i was out of line and can admit it…I’m the one who made a douche bag comment…I’m just frustrated and you caught me at a bad time. Couldn’t fuck off who I wanted to so you got it. Sorry

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I apologized to the wrong mofo. It’s you that I need to give apologies to for a dick head response to your comment i was out of line and can admit it…I’m the one who made a douche bag comment…I’m just frustrated and you caught me at a bad time. Couldn’t fuck off who I wanted to so you got it. Sorry
We all understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, None of the people that offer tunning VIA the the EZ LYNK or any other device that I am aware of, will disable anything emissions related.

The only other place you might be able to find that if your lucky, is going to be some one outside the US like in Canada. Even some of the more populated area's are starting to crack down and inspect for emissions equipment.

You might find some one in a local ad on craigslist, offer up, or facebook market place that can tune out the code, But good luck if they could do a legit tune for your needs. Most of them copy and paste stuff from other tunes.

KronikT

Dec 12, 2022
Denver
We all understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, None of the people that offer tunning VIA the the EZ LYNK or any other device that I am aware of, will disable anything emissions related.

The only other place you might be able to find that if your lucky, is going to be some one outside the US like in Canada. Even some of the more populated area's are starting to crack down and inspect for emissions equipment.

You might find some one in a local ad on craigslist, offer up, or facebook market place that can tune out the code, But good luck if they could do a legit tune for your needs. Most of them copy and paste stuff from other tunes.
🤦🏻what’d I get myself into? With all that’s going on under the hood running twins like I am I’m going to need a savvy guy to do what I’m wanting done. I can’t just let anyone go for it, how do I know if I’ve got the right guy or not? Is there something to look for or ask about to know if they are copy and pasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.