Piston Direction

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon, can you take pics of the top for us? Im curious to see them :hug:

And what did these puppys cost, if ya dont mind be askin:D PM is ok too;)

I can take some pics in a bit here for you and as for cost i purchased mine a few years ago

I think they run for around 2000.00 with pins and rings and coated .....I bought mine quite a while ago

I didn't think it would matter Simon but I would hate to tell anyone the wrong info. Now get that puppy runnin:D. Jeff

Will do Jeff :D

My guess is that they have zero pin offset and can go on either side, assuming the valve pockets are all the same diameter.

You assumed correct

It's an Arias piston. They'll know. Why don't you just call them and ask?

I posted this on Sunday Arias was not open......I called them Monday and they told me "It doesnt matter" and then i posted that

But thanks for the advice

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
FYI this is the second set of Arias pistons ive had and this is also the second time that the wristpins would not fit 1.350 was the ID on the piston....Stock GM wristpins are 1.358" atleast mine are.

Not a real big deal but kinda sucks when you go to put them together and the pins dont fit, I again took them to a machine shop to get them honed out on the pistons.

FWIW it was not exchanged because of valve clearance.....However i did want to run a thinner gasket:) I have a bigger cam and never had a issue

Now I should be safe with a B gasket but will stick with a C for now instead of D

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Did you tell Arias the first time that the wrist pins wouldn't fit? And if so did they indicate they would make changes where needed?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Did you tell Arias the first time that the wrist pins wouldn't fit? And if so did they indicate they would make changes where needed?

My memory is good but short.....Dont remember if I told them about it the first time.

All I did this time was left a message with Mike at Arias and told them the specs. AFAIK I am the only one that had issues with this. Perhaps the other guys used Arias wrist pins and perhaps they are slightly smaller.But that is just a geuss and I cant speak for others.

The odd thing is the specs for the wrist pins is on the job card for my pistons.