LBZ: Perfect turbo for 100% injectors LBZ

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
SUBSCRIBING for future carnage thread, also none of you other assholes brought up the built trans so i'll be watching for a smokn maroon turd with a flat bed around here that won't spool (5500+ft) or put the power to the ground :angel:

Read my second post (post 7). Says “let’s put aside a built motor ET ...” since the OP asked strictly a turbo related question.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Brad it was supposed to be sarcastic :D The reality is the closet race track is in Boise= 4hrs other than maybe a airport drag that's not advertised so no one knows about them. We don't have shit here other than the truck pulls once a year. So that's going to make this a street truck we have a big hills to go up in/out of town so he's going to be going up it in 4th trying and keep the haze down. 5th it's going to be under the charger and will be a lagasaurus rex almost everywhere here there's lots of hills, heat, and high elevation just hate for the guy to be disappointed especially when the reality of everything sinks in for cost.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Brad it was supposed to be sarcastic :D The reality is the closet race track is in Boise= 4hrs other than maybe a airport drag that's not advertised so no one knows about them. We don't have shit here other than the truck pulls once a year. So that's going to make this a street truck we have a big hills to go up in/out of town so he's going to be going up it in 4th trying and keep the haze down. 5th it's going to be under the charger and will be a lagasaurus rex almost everywhere here there's lots of hills, heat, and high elevation just hate for the guy to be disappointed especially when the reality of everything sinks in for cost.

My bad, it’s been a long day at work and my ability to pickup and realize sarcasm is pretty low at this point in the day. What’s the elevation there, 5000-6000ft? It’ll be laggy but I don’t think it’ll be unmanageable with good tuning. My 475/87/1.00 was amazing here in WI as a daily but we’re under 2000ft.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Yeah that's what it is for elevation, once it's lit for sure it will be fun just the drive-ability is probably going to be shit below 2300-2500 at part throttle. Even my twin set's not starting to spool until over 2000-2200. Cruising down the highway it has no boost maybe like 1-2psi.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

I used to drive 6.5 hours to the track in Palmer Ak from Fairbanks... 4 is nothing:baby:

I do agree with everything thing you said though. 5k and some decent hills around would make me Leary of a big single but I am and will always be a compounds guy.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Anytime you are running a big single, you have to match the converter and TCM tuning to the spooling characteristics of the turbo.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
SUBSCRIBING for future carnage thread, also none of you other assholes brought up the built trans so i'll be watching for a smokn maroon turd with a flat bed around here that won't spool (5500+ft) or put the power to the ground 👼
Reading through this thread couldn't believe this wasn't said earlier. Although the OP only asked about maximum power he did say it was a toy. The big charger may give a great dyno performance but that peaky curve isn't going to satisfy the butt dyno very well. Start by ensuring your transmission is good first.. If you're not going to build the motor from the start begin with a good drop in charger. The drop in paired with the 100s and good tuning can give you the most fun and a chance of having something to build later. When you're ready to go built motor either go with a bigger one then or compounds.
IMHO this will make you a much happier camper.