Ounces vs LBS

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
They make a spot weld cutter bit, works great if you are trying to save the panels but if you are throwing the bed away then yeah a step bit is the best.

As for a true 4-link, D-bag has one on overkill but I remember several reputable racers saying that it weighed more than the leaf spring setup and he didn't have it dailed in worth a shit.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I would hate to do all that work n it weigh more! Lol

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Haha there really isnt much too it. its all about measuring, bending and notching. having a game plan ahead of time helps. this kinda stuff is what i do for fun. fabricating is fun and a pain in the ass at the same time lol

go down to an automotive paint store and buy a spot weld cutter. way faster than drilling and easier on you.

well most dont because of racing in certain classes. some do double classes and i dont remember what class it is but you have to keep the factory rear suspension in place.
Thank u sir ur a lot of help. Classes don't really matter to me bc there's noting like that around here. Just index and bracket racing or run what u brung n hope it's enough! Lol where do u get those fasners to secure the skins with?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I believe jegs, summit, Amazon, ect sell them. Just look up dzus fastener and lots of options should come up. Your local off road fab shops should have them as well

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
To further add to the list.

Main crossmember for spare tire with spare tire winch was 52lbs.

Short bed outer skins are 28lbs.
Long bed outer skins are 47.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
To further add to the list.

Main crossmember for spare tire with spare tire winch was 52lbs.

Short bed outer skins are 28lbs.
Long bed outer skins are 47.