Opinions on these ideas?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196838

Tim posited the question, looking for input on how to get more people out racing. They make a good point that there isnt really a class for the "regular" people anymore that is both interesting to spectators and competitive for the racers. There are some interesting ideas being thrown around.

BTW, just ignore that blackmega3500 guy. Honest to god, he talks out his ass 99% of the time.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Box charger, no spray.. I'd come watch, I always need another vacation

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Figured he was a tard when he posted that FPP 2.6 turbo rules would ideal, probably the wildest turbo rulesin the country

The proposed race sounds like a good idea, needs some other details hashed out to make it work

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Figured he was a tard when he posted that FPP 2.6 turbo rules would ideal, probably the wildest turbo rulesin the country

The proposed race sounds like a good idea, needs some other details hashed out to make it work

He was spit balling/talking out loud with the 2.6 rule.. but the general idea is there..

Couple people have mentioned a box 475 charger or similar

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If it happens, i know i can get our team to do it.

there will be 3, if not 4 SS trucks from AZ coming next year. Everyone really started getting a bad itch to go racing last year and it stuck through this year. Kind of annoys me that Randy says AZ is still on the chopping block for having an event held in AZ when they damn near had no body at Illinois.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
If it happens, i know i can get our team to do it.

there will be 3, if not 4 SS trucks from AZ coming next year. Everyone really started getting a bad itch to go racing last year and it stuck through this year. Kind of annoys me that Randy says AZ is still on the chopping block for having an event held in AZ when they damn near had no body at Illinois.
All diesel events bomb around stl and Madison. It sucks but that gives me a good chance at this next one.
I'd much rather have a charger and weight rule and just go all out for fastest slips. Bracket racing to me is the most boring thing ever.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
All diesel events bomb around stl and Madison. It sucks but that gives me a good chance at this next one.
I'd much rather have a charger and weight rule and just go all out for fastest slips. Bracket racing to me is the most boring thing ever.

SS is going to get expensive (already is) in the years to come, this should make things fun for the racers and spectators. I have never liked bracket racing either but its there for a good purpose :D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
SS is going to get expensive (already is) in the years to come, this should make things fun for the racers and spectators. I have never liked bracket racing either but its there for a good purpose :D

It's not even just bracket racing thats boring, it's that everyone for good reason turns down the power to run a slower more consistent time. We left half way through Madison nhrda because everyone was running slow and steady and it was boring so we left and went and worked on my truck lol. That's why we drove all the way to ucc was to see some trucks making some fast passes.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I would say single charger class and compound class. Has to be driven and have Ac that works. Pro Tree and weight restrictions. You have to have classes for the truck that actually drives around in the street. No drag tires either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It's not even just bracket racing thats boring, it's that everyone for good reason turns down the power to run a slower more consistent time. We left half way through Madison nhrda because everyone was running slow and steady and it was boring so we left and went and worked on my truck lol. That's why we drove all the way to ucc was to see some trucks making some fast passes.

i know... they begged Josh (chaves91 on here) to run his truck that he just used to tow Nate and another truck 1100 miles to Illinois with. he said the field was originally 13 trucks, then with some walking around/talking, pushing drivers meeting back, and other coaxing, they got the field up to 20.

he raced it :roflmao:

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
I would say single charger class and compound class. Has to be driven and have Ac that works. Pro Tree and weight restrictions. You have to have classes for the truck that actually drives around in the street. No drag tires either.

Now this would be fun!!!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

how many of those are caged/roll bared though.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Nobody drives around without Ac here in Florida unless they are broke as hell and can't fix the Ac. That's is kind of the standard today fir a vehicle to have a functioning Ac. We had a street truck challenge here about a year ago now and I finished fourth with my lml. It was probably closer to one of the slower trucks there but heads up racing becomes a great equalizer. Knowing your truck and what's going to happen. It was plenty of fun. Much much better than bracket racing. At first didn't believe I had much of a chance but it proved to be different.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
so i assume everyone would then have to run 11.5 and slower unless the track looked another way or ???

That would be the kicker. Find a track that would allow it. I highly doubt their would be many ten second trucks there in street tires and be a true daily driver type truck.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Not allowing the proper safety equipment for the times the trucks would be capable of running and expecting a track to risk people's safety and the financial risk they'd put themselves in something ever happened makes zero sense. There are plenty of crew cabs even these days capable of effortless 10 second passes in street trim.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Sounds like this might end up like the top 50 stock duramax list. Being licensed doesn't help much as different states have very different laws. I would have fun doing a minimum weight, dot tires, single and compound turbo class.