Opinions on these ideas?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I thought this race was about getting more people out on the race track like putting something on for the average guys hot street truck/play toy after all they are the one at the end of the day that spends/buys more parts out of there own pocket then i would think over any of them and is what keeps some of these ''race'' trucks funded so why not give that guy a shot at some good money for once

if you read the thread, the point is to combine two classes for more side by side drag racing, get more people in the stands and put a big purse together so PS and SS big guys will show and run hard for it.

where everyone is getting the idea its for the "average guy" i dont know. the turbo size limit and weight limit are to put the trucks on a closer playing field so the advantages are much more limited from class to class.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
If it happens, i know i can get our team to do it.

there will be 3, if not 4 SS trucks from AZ coming next year. Everyone really started getting a bad itch to go racing last year and it stuck through this year. Kind of annoys me that Randy says AZ is still on the chopping block for having an event held in AZ when they damn near had no body at Illinois.

To be honest with you I don't see NHRDA surviving too much longer. Very little spectator support at most races and almost no fast trucks at any of the events. It is so damn expensive to travel and race many of the events. It is boring as hell to watch a bunch of 12-18 second trucks go down the track unless you got a dog in fight.

The only time I ever see anyone get excited about diesels is when they are racing gas vehicles and beating them. Spectators are lacking at most drag racing events, the Street Outlaw want-to-be events are drawing pretty good as is the Friday night street legals but the regular drag racing events with the exception of the Nostalgia events are notta.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
To be honest with you I don't see NHRDA surviving too much longer. Very little spectator support at most races and almost no fast trucks at any of the events. It is so damn expensive to travel and race many of the events. It is boring as hell to watch a bunch of 12-18 second trucks go down the track unless you got a dog in fight.

The only time I ever see anyone get excited about diesels is when they are racing gas vehicles and beating them. Spectators are lacking at most drag racing events, the Street Outlaw want-to-be events are drawing pretty good as is the Friday night street legals but the regular drag racing events with the exception of the Nostalgia events are notta>

i agree Ken. really gotta race in gas classes to be at a semi decently packed event. when i took our truck to the NHRA inspector, we met him at Firebird during a divisional event and oh my god, was that place packed with competitors. i mean, out the pit area, into the bondurant track and onto the drift course with trucks/motorhomes and trailers and cars. it flat blows diesel stuff out of the water.