"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Truck is in my sig. I'm pretty sure is coming out around the level sensor threads. Not sure if I didn't use enough thread sealant or that it's too old

Corey

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Had some parts that were laying around and decided to put together a lift pump set-up with auxiliary water separator and fuel filter. Just wait to install till tomorrow when my other filter comes in. At that time I'll also install my CAT 2 micron in the stock filter position. Also wired up the high idle.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1445807586073[1].jpg
    FB_IMG_1445807586073[1].jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 61

dzimbric

Oct 21, 2015
Shallotte, NC
My renewal and taxes were like $170. what part of NC are you in? I'm between Goldsboro and greenville.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Shallotte
The K2500 is plated for 20,000# and the '56 C6500 is plated for 17,000#. I just added it up, with the new title for the old truck, taxes and plates I dropped closer to $700

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014
Shallotte
The K2500 is plated for 20,000# and the '56 C6500 is plated for 17,000#. I just added it up, with the new title for the old truck, taxes and plates I dropped closer to $700
Ok cool not terribly far away

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

ILuvJDM

Jul 15, 2014
Austin, Texas
Tried to install the new updated cab mounts on my LBZ, but couldn't get the mounts to separate from the frame or cab. Jacking up the cab just jacked up the entire truck... I soaked them in PB and hopefully I'll get to try again tomorrow

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Anyone heard from Adam??? Did he make it on into CO???

I'm home.. Truck made it plus 30 mile.. Got load off then it's basically dead... Filled up with coolant put 9 gallons through the expansion tank.. Started it up pumped oil/water out the crankcase tube.. Still not making any weird noises.

Flew home Saturday building/fixing the .040 LMM block that broke the crank in Miami. Plan right now build long block take it out swap everything haul everything back..
Heads and block got dropped off at machine shop to be checked...
Hopefully heads are still good....
If not... Going to try and get some basic entry Wagler heads which aren't much more then OEM new and he has them on the shelf.. He also has LML keyed crank on the shelf as well.
If block is bad.. Hicksville Auto has bare block that need machined for ~600
Yeah ARP bolts at both ends of the crankshaft

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Keep us posted how those heads work, I'm interested in a set. Not sure if I want full ported not.

I'm home.. Truck made it plus 30 mile.. Got load off then it's basically dead... Filled up with coolant put 9 gallons through the expansion tank.. Started it up pumped oil/water out the crankcase tube.. Still not making any weird noises.

Flew home Saturday building/fixing the .040 LMM block that broke the crank in Miami. Plan right now build long block take it out swap everything haul everything back..
Heads and block got dropped off at machine shop to be checked...
Hopefully heads are still good....
If not... Going to try and get some basic entry Wagler heads which aren't much more then OEM new and he has them on the shelf.. He also has LML keyed crank on the shelf as well.
If block is bad.. Hicksville Auto has bare block that need machined for ~600
Yeah ARP bolts at both ends of the crankshaft

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I wouldn't be having any additional porting. Done.. And valve size would be setup for STD bore capatible, for sealability reasons, Be ~3900.00, pair, for assembled bolt on ready.. New oem bare heads are 2000.00 pair plus ~1000.00 for valves and springs.. Could save some $$$ have him swap my current valves/springs into the new heads.... Some reason gut is saying I might have couple tweaked valves... Found carbon removed in the valve area on the pistons, couldn't find any indentions with a dental pick in the piston crown..

I like the thinker deck.. Less likely to distort under sustained loads.. According to Jeremy.. Stock/stock with same valves his flow better.. Too me sounds like result in better MPG cooler running engine ECT

If heads come back good.. Tranny really needs attention.. It's never been opened completely stock.. I'm sure the 4.56 gears are helping take a load off it..
Kit will be a basicl Suncoast kit with C5 red eagle/kolene steels and a Transtar A7XL TC

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just found out LML are NOT drop in capatible with LMM blocks.. So looks like getting a LBZ/LMM used crank getting it keyed and balanced

What's different about them? Seems I've read somewhere but have long forgotten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa

X2 I thought i have saw people putting new LML cranks in builds.
On other news I put on Beans Diesel sump in. Does any one know if the fuel return fitting(AN/JIC to NPT O-Ring Boss Fitting) on the FASS fuel system are anything special? Mine decided to strip itself out and the spring and ball fell out.:mad: I hope i don't have to order a new fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_20151027_073230.jpg
    IMG_20151027_073230.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 44

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state

From my basic understanding main journals are smaller and needs alot of custom machine work with the older style blocks...

Maybe Mark B /Matt yellow jacket can expound on the difference