"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Dude sell that pile and buy a Cummins with a manual.... or do something else. Jesus Christ man you have issues once a week... and go through motors like their candy...

Ya, that shit's got to be getting old Adam!
Wish I could... And yes... Those two engine failures really hurt the black numbers... I'm not in a position to buy much of anything worth using to replace what I got now

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Wish I could... And yes... Those two engine failures really hurt the black numbers... I'm not in a position to buy much of anything worth using to replace what I got now

That thing does seem cursed... There is a guy local to me, put 720k on his 05 LLY (no major Driveline failure), 580k on his 07 LBZ classic (same deal), and has over 300k on his LMM...of course he just pulls campers all over the US though.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
But that's also the around the max where any 3/4 ton and 1 ton should safely gross at...

Same engine/Trans are rated for 36k in GCWR in 5500 kodiaks... The weak linknis the rear axle in my truck..
Stock turbo on. Get 30 mile down the road low coolant light comes on it takes 2 gallons found this
12143069_10207035996351907_96800606710655937_n.jpg

Then this
https://youtu.be/obr0wq2zSx8
Debating whether to limp towards Denver which is up hill 400 miles

Last edited:

divemonster

Sep 12, 2014
Dropped $600.00 at the NCDMV renewing the plate on the 2008 2500HD and getting a plate for the new to me '56 Chevy 2 Ton Stake Body Dump Truck.
I just renewed my plates for my 07 lbz Monday... I got out a little cheaper though. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
The best is when you pay to register and insure your truck for the year and then the motor self destructs. That is true bliss.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
The best is when you pay to register and insure your truck for the year and then the motor self destructs. That is true bliss.
:drama: That happened to me on my old 12v. Got it registered then scored the block and cracked the head:mad:. There's a reason I gave up on Cummins LOL. That year I drove it 4 2months. The rest of the time it sat in the corner of our shop. I never registered it again, sold it and went to a Dmax:thumb:. Best financial decision:D.

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
Ya know people run their suck to us Dmax guys about well you don't see a Cummins breaking cranks, or see all these turbo failures or lifted heads and stretched studs.... There is one thing I've realized about those conversations.... They are the lazy drivers whom take it easy and do t ask for much out of their trucks... We on the other hand go from million mile road haulers to drag racing to truck pulling to weekend warrior racing and pulling some crazy chit!!!....... With the same basic motor design for over 15 yrs and running. We ask more out of these trucks than any other diesel out there... ( variety of stuff) for says well ya don't want a 6.0 if your pulling heavy stuff...or the stock 7.3 are good for this but ya have to turn em up for this... And Cummings with their well a manual is great for this or that, but a "P" pump motor is great with this or that.... We have the same damn motor and trans with exception of an extra gear here or there or may e a cheap easier injector replace...wtf. Fellas we are one of a kind. We get the best out of these motors all around. May not be cheap, bit neither is jumping to a different designed motor every year like the others.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk